Bless his heart

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Dh is in charge while i am gone. He just called.. Man who made reservation called yelling at him telling him "iam lost and we are not coming...you better not charge us!
reminded me of the irate woman who accused me of not being where we say we are, and drove over to prove it, and I nearly had to call the police...
so here is the funny bit...he is only an hour away. I mean from the last stay...one hour. Our guests will go THERE tonight in the dark driving to hear music. Where he came from!
he said he is following his gps.
and so he is mad at "us" because....?
poor Dh, bless his heart.

So, are you going to cave? Or charge him?

Charge.
hey he said last night a guy called saying he wa going to be late. The rooms were already in... He was staying at the B&B with our name in TEXAS!
as you know I have B and B of Virginia on everything... Bless his heart too!

Charge.
hey he said last night a guy called saying he wa going to be late. The rooms were already in... He was staying at the B&B with our name in TEXAS!
as you know I have B and B of Virginia on everything... Bless his heart too!.
You betcha sistah! I guess they will claim you picked up and moved!

Coining a new verb, if you get "TA'd" on this, you will have an excellent management response.
If he does a chargeback, not much to do except know that you were right and he was very very wrong. No blessing HIS heart!

Of course it's your fault his GPS doesn't work right!
Charge him.
DH will soon get a new appreciation for what your life is like day in and day out.
lightbulb.gif

Charge.
as you know I have B and B of Virginia on everything... Bless his heart too!.
OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE!!!
yes I was screaming.....

The GPS Syndrome. Like our guy who was 4 miles away asking where we were. I'm trying to give directions to his wife and he's contradicting everything I'm saying. Finally, his wife says, 'I think she knows where she lives.' DH handled the check-in, guy was livid at me because I knew where I lived and the GPS was wrong. (Well, of course the GPS wasn't 'wrong' somehow I had entered the info into his GPS incorrectly. Me. Personally.)

GPS Syndrome -- we are on McKown Point Road in the town of Boothbay Harbor, but people get confused because there is also a McKown Street in Boothbay Harbor, and a McKown Road in the town of Boothbay (a separate town from Boothbay Harbor).
Maybe we should just say that we are on "Harbor Fields Road" in Boothbay Harbor, since some geographical data service decided to map and name our driveway, and Google Maps and a lot of GPS systems have picked up on that. Of course then we have the problem that our business name is one word, Harborfields, but the maps name our driveway as two words, Harbor Fields.....
For boaters, I give the latitude and longitude coordinates of our dock, 43 degrees, 50 minutes, 39 seconds North latitude, 69 degrees, 38 minutes, 49 seconds West longitude. But then a lot of marine GPS systems are set-up by default to use degrees, minutes, decimal minutes, rather than degrees, minutes, and seconds, so if you if enter 43 degrees 50.39 minutes N, 60 degrees 39.49 minutes W, it puts you on the other side of McKown Point from where we actually are (43°50.65', -69°38.82' in decimal minutes).....

I have fear that some day we're going to have 'death by gps'. When guests are coming to us from a specific wine area, their gps tells them to take a road that is just 1 step above a logging road. It goes over a mountain, part of it is gravel and if it's in the winter can snow like crazy. Very easy for them to get stuck up there!
Another wine area we get guests from, the gps takes them on a much longer route on roads that for at least an hour, they have seen no restaurants, no stores, and definitely no ocean. When they get to me they are upset because they think they're trapped in the middle of nowhere. I laughingly remind them that our information states everywhere not to use their gps. When I tell them that the ocean is a mile down our road, and restaurants are an 8 minute drive, they are flabbergasted. I've had to calm them down which doesn't make for a light, easy check-in!

GPS Syndrome -- we are on McKown Point Road in the town of Boothbay Harbor, but people get confused because there is also a McKown Street in Boothbay Harbor, and a McKown Road in the town of Boothbay (a separate town from Boothbay Harbor).
Maybe we should just say that we are on "Harbor Fields Road" in Boothbay Harbor, since some geographical data service decided to map and name our driveway, and Google Maps and a lot of GPS systems have picked up on that. Of course then we have the problem that our business name is one word, Harborfields, but the maps name our driveway as two words, Harbor Fields.....
For boaters, I give the latitude and longitude coordinates of our dock, 43 degrees, 50 minutes, 39 seconds North latitude, 69 degrees, 38 minutes, 49 seconds West longitude. But then a lot of marine GPS systems are set-up by default to use degrees, minutes, decimal minutes, rather than degrees, minutes, and seconds, so if you if enter 43 degrees 50.39 minutes N, 60 degrees 39.49 minutes W, it puts you on the other side of McKown Point from where we actually are (43°50.65', -69°38.82' in decimal minutes)......
We ALL MUST remember that we do NOT know where we live!

For boaters, I give the latitude and longitude coordinates of our dock, 43 degrees, 50 minutes, 39 seconds North latitude, 69 degrees, 38 minutes, 49 seconds West longitude. But then a lot of marine GPS systems are set-up by default to use degrees, minutes, decimal minutes, rather than degrees, minutes, and seconds, so if you if enter 43 degrees 50.39 minutes N, 60 degrees 39.49 minutes W, it puts you on the other side of McKown Point from where we actually are (43°50.65', -69°38.82' in decimal minutes)......
Hi Harborfields
We are close to you in The Twin Villages. There is a High Street in both villages and a B&B on both High Streets. Makes for confused delivery people and guests.

I drove right to you! Didn't even know about those other roads. OTOH, I was looking for the aquarium, so that helped. ;-)

I have fear that some day we're going to have 'death by gps'. When guests are coming to us from a specific wine area, their gps tells them to take a road that is just 1 step above a logging road. It goes over a mountain, part of it is gravel and if it's in the winter can snow like crazy. Very easy for them to get stuck up there!
Another wine area we get guests from, the gps takes them on a much longer route on roads that for at least an hour, they have seen no restaurants, no stores, and definitely no ocean. When they get to me they are upset because they think they're trapped in the middle of nowhere. I laughingly remind them that our information states everywhere not to use their gps. When I tell them that the ocean is a mile down our road, and restaurants are an 8 minute drive, they are flabbergasted. I've had to calm them down which doesn't make for a light, easy check-in!.
Breakfast Nemo said:
I have fear that some day we're going to have 'death by gps'.
Strictly theorizing - there was a tragic car accident here where 2 hikers were rescued from a mountain only to drive down a boat ramp in the fog and drown. Due to the fog the theory is they were using GPS to find the turns.

I drove right to you! Didn't even know about those other roads. OTOH, I was looking for the aquarium, so that helped. ;-)
That's what we tell people, follow the signs for the Aquarium! (saves us having to put out our own directional signs! ;-)
(of course, that doesn't help if their GPS has taken them to Ocean Point -- the McKown Road in (east) Boothbay)

That's what we tell people, follow the signs for the Aquarium! (saves us having to put out our own directional signs! ;-)
(of course, that doesn't help if their GPS has taken them to Ocean Point -- the McKown Road in (east) Boothbay)
Lovely drive over that way, tho! It's getting time for me to hit the road for fall color. I love going out that way.

Apparently he said and I quote "I will call Visa and you will never get away with charging my card!"
This is at 5pm on the day of the reservation.
Then he found us, checked in and then left early.
Meanwhile this review came today from THIS WEEKEND.

Great review, especially since they bragged on the coffee!

Apparently he said and I quote "I will call Visa and you will never get away with charging my card!"
This is at 5pm on the day of the reservation.
Then he found us, checked in and then left early.
Meanwhile this review came today from THIS WEEKEND..
Congrats to the asst innkeeper!

Back