Blessed with Friends

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I have a friend about 65 miles from me who grew up "just down the road". They have a farm and so does their youngest daughter & son-in-law - both retired Air Force. Last year they did not get a deer for me. THIS year I found a butcher! so they would not have to process the deer. Jess sent me this photo Wednesday. I asked if it could wait until Friday to take it to the butcher because I was tied up all day Thursday. Yesterday, they took it to the butcher even (I called the butcher and told them how I wanted it done and that they were bringing and I was paying). WOOHOO! Venison for meatloaf, sausage., I got a couple roasts, the tenderloins cut into medallions, and the rest ground with 10% fatty pork. The butcher is about an hour & a half from where my friends live (2-lane twisty road all the way)
Mydeer-Elias.JPG

2 roasts, tenderloins, a few steaks, and 23 one pound packages of ground deer. Freezer is back to being almost full again.YEA!!! And the cost was less than $100. I picked it up yesterday. I am going to get $100 of gas cards for the couple who harvested the deer and took it to the butcher. He had to track it for 5 1/2 hours and ended up having his dog find it for him.

Back