Block a Twitter follower?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooseTrax

Reaction score
has anyone felt the need to do this? today's email brought a new list of followers. generally i will check what they are tweeting about unless their tweet name is some sort of inn or foodie person. one today is following hundreds of people, has no followers of their own and has a very uninviting tweet with a link to photos which, given the unappealing tweet, discouraged me from clicking. instead i hit the block button, because this is a business twitter account i think i have to be more wary. does it matter who is following me or would you only wonder about me and my b&b if you saw me following a sketchy twitterer?

I would only wonder about who you follow, and only then if I bothered to look through them. Once you get to hundreds of thousands of followers, like ashton kutcher (aplusk), no one will take the time. I'm sure you'll be to that point soon.
I understand there is some twitter etiquette that it's polite to follow everyone who follows you, but I'm not sure that makes sense. I have already 'unfollowed' someone who seems to have endless marketing tweets of their property. A few others are on probation!
I have also read somewhere that thinking you can separate your business persona from your personal life in social media is a mistake; that the media is all about your personality and you really can't separate the two. I don't know if that's true - there are probably some who say the opposite - but I don't try to split them apart any more. I'm not saying you should be broadcasting the ages of your children or your current marital difficulties, but having friends and business acquaintances alike on twitter and facebook is probably ok.

Like the person who is into death and cemeteries because I posted that blog comment about headstones facing East. I never replied to that person although I did look at her blog or website to discover this.

so far today i have had 10 new twitter followers. clicking on the link in the email to see who is following, i find that all of the accounts, possibly the same account? have all been suspended for suspicious activity. the user name for all of these and the one i started this thread about are all similar. a girls name and a year. heads up in case you are getting these as well.
did not know there was twitter spam, but why not? now i'm wondering why me? did i tweet about something that got me on a list somewhere? if anyone else is experiencing this, i'd be happy to know what you think you might have posted about that started the spamming?

Some fellow I don't even know sent me a following message and I blocked him. I haven't a clue who is was and I will do the same with anyone else I don't know.

Some fellow I don't even know sent me a following message and I blocked him. I haven't a clue who is was and I will do the same with anyone else I don't know..
Most of mine are local businesses, state & local tourism and other B&B's. I've had a few oddballs but I've checked their websites and they're 'ok'.
I don't want weirdos, tho, so I do check. I don't get that many popping up in a day to make it hard to keep track!

Some fellow I don't even know sent me a following message and I blocked him. I haven't a clue who is was and I will do the same with anyone else I don't know..
catlady said:
Some fellow I don't even know sent me a following message and I blocked him. I haven't a clue who is was and I will do the same with anyone else I don't know.
I've been doing that too since I don't know any of the ones I've been getting. I guess I should rethink that...
RIki

catlady said:
I've been doing that too since I don't know any of the ones I've been getting. I guess I should rethink that...
RIki
Is the purpose of having a twitter account to get guests to follow you? If it is, then why would you block people you don't know? Presumably some of these may be people who want to be guests but who haven't stayed with you yet, or they may be previous guests who's twitter name is obscure or you don't remember them.
I have my twitter link on my website homepage now. I would only block someone if he/she was a spammer, not because I don't know them. If you are only using twitter for personal communications - like maybe catlady - then you may want to know everybody.

If you haven't done this already, then look up and follow 'spam' that is the Twitter spam police account. Once you do that, you can DM (direct message) to that account and tell them the user name that you think is spam.
One of the terms of service that indicates something may be a spam account is a large, quickly built list of following with relatively few followers. And if anything solicits for sex or indicates links may have sexual content, that is a no no as well.
It sounds like this may be what you ran across.

I just got this and I had to laugh. You mean people BUY friends?
cut n paste: http://www.increasethefollowers.info/?a=gohome42

Wir bieten schöne Heimkehr Kleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom Heimkehr Kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Heimkehr Kleider.Shopping für ein Brautkleid ist eine Herausforderung für jede Braut, die am Tag der denkwürdigsten, so dass er es perfekt sein wollte verwendet werden. Diese Aufgabe hat sich viel schwieriger für Mädels, abendmode abendkleid abendmode abendkleid ballkleid brautkleider die für Brautkleider plus size suchen.
Da viele Geschäfte bieten keine Probe Brautkleider plus size, müssen Sie nicht die Möglichkeit, verschiedene Arten von Kleidern in Ihrer Größe zu sehen.
Eine weitere Herausforderung für die Braut ist, plus size Hochzeitskleid Stile, die Ihre Figur Anzug finden. So starten Sie Ihre Recherche nach dem richtigen Kleid designer ballkleider , sollten Sie durch Brautzeitschriften, einschließlich Brides oder Modern Brides zu suchen, und auf der Suche nach einem Hochzeitskleid, die Sie mögen. Sie können auch das Internet nutzen, um ein Hochzeitskleid auf der Website und Knot Hochzeit Kanal zu finden.
Auch sind einige Modedesigner jetzt plus size Brautkleid Designs und einige sogar Design eine spezielle Linie für Frauen.
Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie ein Brautkleid, das nicht hinzufügen, werden Gewicht und Breite brautmode online shop , um Ihren Körper zu wählen, aber Sie sollten für Stile, online shop brautkleider online shop brautkleider die Ihnen helfen, schlanker aussehen wird. Um das zu erreichen das Aussehen schlank, empfehlen Experten, dass Sie ein Brautkleid brautmoden brautkleider brautmoden brautkleider, dass eine asymmetrische Front Detail wählen. Darüber hinaus ist die Silhouette eines Hochzeitskleid, die gut aussehen auf plus size Braut eine Linie und die Prinzessin Stil Brautkleid.
Ein weiterer Hochzeitskleid, dass perfekt auf den Stil von plus size Braut Reich, Stil Meerjungfrau und Mantel Stile. Insbesondere dem Stil des Königreiches für die Braut, die nicht breasted denn das Ziel ist, den Stil der Brust zu markieren. Mermaid-Stil ist für eine hohe Braut, die ausgewogenen Proportionen empfohlen hat. Mantel-Stil ist für diejenigen, die eine ausgewogene und definierte Taille haben.
Abgesehen von Stil, sollte plus size Braut auch überprüfen abendkleider 48 abendkleider 48, kleider ballkleider ob das Muster des Kleides ", die Motive, Stickereien oder Deckleisten, die zu ihrer Größe skaliert Spitzen können. Sie haben noch bis zum Brautkleid, dass eine so kleine Detail hat, weil sie wenig sehen konnte, zu wählen. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie nicht wählen Sie einen Stil, der Breite, wie Stufenröcke fügen wird und Rüschen.
Fügen Sie Details an den Rand oder in der Agentur add Interesse zu kleiden und nicht auf die Brust, wenn Sie ein großer sein.
Birnenförmige Frau wird schön aussehen, wenn sie ein Kleid von der Schulter Kleider für sie, weil der Schulter-und Nackenbereich mit V-Ausschnitt Kleid tragen würde, um schlank die Büste Online-Hilfe.
Das Finden der richtigen plus size Hochzeitskleid sollte nicht länger ein Problem sein, wenn Sie ein paar Tipps, die ich hier gelesen habe, angeboten. Ich hoffe, dass dies Ihnen bei Ihrer Suche Anleitung für das perfekte Kleid ball und abendkleider , das Ihnen helfen blumenmädchenkleid kleid , sich auf den schönsten Tag in Ihrem Leben.

brautmode kaufen

Back