Blogger scheduled posting

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
I think it was Bree (or maybe Samster?) in the past who suggested that when the blogging urge hits you that you could write several posts but save all but one as draft so you can release the others over time to spread out the activiity on your blog. This is a good suggestion for a variety of reasons.
Blogger (blogspot) provides a little known feature to help with this kind of delayed publishing. WHile composing the post, you will see a link underneath the post editor that says "Post Options". If you click the link it will let you change the post date and time. If you change the date to tomorrow's date and 3:00pm and then press the "Publish post" button, the post will publish itself at 3:00pm tomorrow. This way you can have your blog release your post at a later date. Set it and forget it.

You can also go into that little post options section and put a current date to REPLAY a blog post. :) If you have an annual event per se, update the dates on it and bobs yer uncle.

It was seashanty who said that's what she was doing.

You can also go into that little post options section and put a current date to REPLAY a blog post. :) If you have an annual event per se, update the dates on it and bobs yer uncle..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
You can also go into that little post options section and put a current date to REPLAY a blog post. :) If you have an annual event per se, update the dates on it and bobs yer uncle.
Thanks! I will look for that. I was updating one and when I 'published' it still had last year's date with this year's info.

It really is a great feature. Esp if there are events you don't want to post too far in advance, I have a few in standby mode. I forget to check in blogger their new features as they add new ones all the time. I really like that system. K.I.S.S. must be their motto.

You can also go into that little post options section and put a current date to REPLAY a blog post. :) If you have an annual event per se, update the dates on it and bobs yer uncle..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
That's a great use for it too. Bravo!

OK so I am starting a blog using blogger - finally!
I am trying to add a couple of links and have tried using the 'insert link' icon. It does give me code before and after the link but when I hit preview or publish, the link is not showing.... Anything any of you can suggest I do to have them show? Are there any tricks?
Edited to say - NEVER MIND....DH took care of it - it was an error with the html...

I am trying to add a couple of links and have tried using the 'insert link' icon. It does give me code before and after the link but when I hit preview or publish, the link is not showing.... Anything any of you can suggest I do to have them show? Are there any tricks?
Edited to say - NEVER MIND....DH took care of it - it was an error with the html...
DH's are good things to have around ;)

DH's are good things to have around ;)
Yes, especially those that can speak 'that' foreign language.
wink_smile.gif

Back