Blogging idea: Featured Room

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
For those who are in a dry patch for blogging, here is an idea:
Featured Guest Room of the Month (or week).
Ideas:
You can make it a series on the featured room in 2 or 4 parts (or however many you can make from it)
1) Describe the room, not blue and white with private bath, get out your adjectives and use a synonym finder online and share how the room feels. Where is this room? On the South facing side of the house to take in the southern exposure or sunrise or sunset, and quieter back side of the house, overlooking the acres of trees, or whatever... No adjoining walls. Largest bath, or whatever. Special features.
Use comments people have shared about this room and why they love it.
2) Has anyone well known or infamous stayed in this room? Why is this the most booked room, or the least booked room. Romantic add ons for this room, order flowers to make it a special occasion, or extend your check out...or whatever.
3) Updates to this room, or whose room was it originally? Was it the nursery for the original family? etc. Why did you name the way you did?
4) Take new photos. Close up shots, use these photos on this article. Use captions to share what the viewer is seeing. Maximize the space when you share these online, if your blog allows 640 pixel wide then use that space, don't post a photo that is a 150x150 little thumbnail.
HAVE FUN! If you share it with me I will share it online. I am sure plenty others here would as well.

thumbs_up.gif

Thanks JB! We are just back from our week up north, catching up and unpacking, picking up the mail etc. I'm bookmarking this post to work on once things are under control. Great ideas!
thumbs_up.gif

That's a fantastic thought. This is one I really want to get to. The room with the witches' corner, the room that has been completely redone, the room with the ghost door (we'll see how that one goes), the whole top-of-the-house room ..... I have personal narrative I can give to each one that doesn't belong on the regular "rooms and rates" page. Thank you for the idea.

If you do a blog post on each room with lots of pictures, you can put a link to your post of your website room description.
I'm going to do this! People are always hungry to see more photos of the room and this will be a perfect way to post more pictures, descriptions and more importantly, the feeling of the room.

Back