BLOGS AS LOSS LEADERS

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I do this. We are also thinking of attacking our mailing list in a similar fashion.

Loss leader or long tail. Essentially getting the info out there where guests can find it.
Good point about what to give away and what to charge for. Some guests want us to send them all kinds of info BEFORE they will book. Hmm, that's what the tourist info phone number is for. I'll happily send you a carton of stuff after you book. (Yes, I tell them to look online at the enormous amount of info I have compiled, but they want 'stuff' in the mail.)

Loss leader or long tail. Essentially getting the info out there where guests can find it.
Good point about what to give away and what to charge for. Some guests want us to send them all kinds of info BEFORE they will book. Hmm, that's what the tourist info phone number is for. I'll happily send you a carton of stuff after you book. (Yes, I tell them to look online at the enormous amount of info I have compiled, but they want 'stuff' in the mail.).
You aren't the Chamber or Visitor Center. Give them their phone number or website and tell them to ask them. Just say I only have stuff in the house for guests and don't do marketing for the area :-(
Mailing costs are too prohibitive to be sending boxes of information to guests. Let them get their own.

Back