blogs, bloggers & the craft of blogging

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
This is from our beloved blogger aka Inncuisine blogger. She now has 'A Bloggable Life' abloggablelife.typepad.com
Blogging, Texas Style: Meet Marye Audet of Restless Chipotle[/h3]
excerpt "The more I blogged, the more I began visiting other food blogs and was inspired by the excellence of the images and unique recipes I found. This inspired me to create even better images and recipes on my own blog." Blog article here
Now let me share another blog article I also had tweeted to me today - and you shall see the HUGE DRAMATIC difference click here for the second blog (which COULD be very interesting, of course I never even read one sentence)
If the blogs are this way, what about our websites? Why do you think people just want innformation? Grab them with nice large clear uncluttered images!

You know what I think guests would really like on our websites? A huge, scrolling billboard that says, 'YES, we have rooms open on the night you want.' Or, conversely, 'NO, we do not have rooms on the night you want, please do not call at midnight to ask if I think the room will be cancelled.'
Oh, wait. That's what I want.
I'm changing my voice message today, or sometime soon. It will state the 'hours of operation of the office personnel' and then go on to say (which it does now) that you can book a room online at any time by going to our website. I will also state that the calendar is up to the minute, even in the middle of the night.
Lots of people have figured out this online thing. I don't get why so many of my guests have not. What about my site makes them think, 'I should call these people and talk to them.' Yes, it could be the phone number is so easy to find.
I had a very nice 10 minute chat last night with a guest and he said, wait for it...'I need to check with the other people.' (He did book online late last night.)

You know what I think guests would really like on our websites? A huge, scrolling billboard that says, 'YES, we have rooms open on the night you want.' Or, conversely, 'NO, we do not have rooms on the night you want, please do not call at midnight to ask if I think the room will be cancelled.'
Oh, wait. That's what I want.
I'm changing my voice message today, or sometime soon. It will state the 'hours of operation of the office personnel' and then go on to say (which it does now) that you can book a room online at any time by going to our website. I will also state that the calendar is up to the minute, even in the middle of the night.
Lots of people have figured out this online thing. I don't get why so many of my guests have not. What about my site makes them think, 'I should call these people and talk to them.' Yes, it could be the phone number is so easy to find.
I had a very nice 10 minute chat last night with a guest and he said, wait for it...'I need to check with the other people.' (He did book online late last night.).
Change the voicemail message and don't jump to answer the phone so much. You'll probably be surprised at how many book online. It's easy to find on your website. :)

Back