Blue Leaf

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Commonly noted in nature that blue is a very rare color occurring naturally. Can anyone assist and tell me what tree this is from? I took this photo as I saw it on the path in the middle Appalachians at about 3250 feet.
lrg_Blue_leaf_Hungry%20Mother_email.jpg

I think there's a good chance that it's a Norway Maple. The leaves turn dark purple-red in the fall, and the shape is correct.
Another possibility would be this.
Blur%20Leaf.jpg

Canadian Beer

and what about this:
Also found along same path in middle Appalachians, poking it's head out of the undergrowth...yes it is a mushroom, but what kind?
lrg_Indigo_Mushie.JPG

It definitely has that maple look to it. Maybe it's cold?
wink_smile.gif

I was going to say...it sure looks like a maple leaf to me. I will ask one of my MG friends about it.

Am posting it for fun. I can google and search (already did), just thought some of you might have fun with it.

Am posting it for fun. I can google and search (already did), just thought some of you might have fun with it..
My Master Gardener guru/friend says it is caused from a fungus on the maple leaf :) But I think it is a really cool photo. SOmeone might think you had "photoshopped it"

Awesome!
No, didn't photoshop at all. Although when I went to look I found some photoshopped with a plethora of colors across the leaf. I noticed after look on my pc that there were blue rocks nearby as well, didn't even see those when I took this.

And to be fair, it was not large. I took some pix with my hand near to show the size, like one of the tiniest mushroom I have ever seen.

i think you should go back and get that pretty blue rock! looks like some kind of gemstone. so pretty.

Yeah now you tell me! I am still sore from hiking 6 miles to get that blue leaf photo.

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. ~John Muir

Back