Blue Moon Bacon Cheddar Savory Cupcakes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Okay, I saw this... and I wondered, is it crazy to make these for breakfast?
http://www.chow.com/recipes/29860-blue-moon-bacon-cheddar-savory-cupcakes
647038_247723_10150269503859203_675244202_9219943_5336969_n_header.jpg

Oh no....that doesn't appeal to me AT ALL! Maybe it would for someone. But the sweet frosting...ugh

Beer and bacon combined in a cupcake? SIGN ME UP!!!!! Bacon is delicious with sweet things, I am a huge fan of savory and sweet together.

UMMMMIE . I would how ever try it with less sugar and not make it so sweet. I am going to try it for next week group. Thank you... Love trying new things!!!
While in Port land tryed a maple bacon donut . Most would say eww.... But I was surprized it was good.The icing was maple with a big piece of bacon on top.

My grandson gave me this recipe and yes, it's way too sweet for breakfast. If you can knock out some of the sugar, they're not that bad. But fully loaded? Instant sugar headache.
Oops, sorry, not this exact recipe. No beer for the 8 yo!

UMMMMIE . I would how ever try it with less sugar and not make it so sweet. I am going to try it for next week group. Thank you... Love trying new things!!!
While in Port land tryed a maple bacon donut . Most would say eww.... But I was surprized it was good.The icing was maple with a big piece of bacon on top..
Flower said:
While in Port land tryed a maple bacon donut . Most would say eww.... But I was surprized it was good.The icing was maple with a big piece of bacon on top.
Voo DOO !!!

a maple bar you say? Do you know I cannot find maple icing any more, as I kid I detested it, now I have a goal of finding a cruddy old maple bar, they are a thing of the past, they have caramel-like icing here. gone are the great do-not shops of old...(oh and yeah I am not in the NE, so not in dunken-donut-ville) :)

While in Port land tryed a maple bacon donut . Most would say eww.... But I was surprized it was good.The icing was maple with a big piece of bacon on top..
Flower said:
Voo DOO !!!
Yep it was Voo Doo's what a great bunch of neat donuts. Even the vegan ones were not too bad. For vegan food. LOL But the best was surprizing was the maple bacon. If I am ever back that way you can bet your bottom dollar I will return to try more but also buy the Maple bacon!!!!

Flower said:
Voo DOO !!!
Yep it was Voo Doo's what a great bunch of neat donuts. Even the vegan ones were not too bad. For vegan food. LOL But the best was surprizing was the maple bacon. If I am ever back that way you can bet your bottom dollar I will return to try more but also buy the Maple bacon!!!!
The maple bacon is one of my favorites, even though they are super sweet. The bacon helps cut the sweetness. Their fritters are amazing!

wow.gif
you had me at savory....
This is my recipe! My cousin found this link somehow and sent it to me and let me tell you how honored I am to even be a topic of blog conversation! I appreciate any critique you may have (good or bad) and hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I do. It is my dream to open up my own bakery/cafe with my family and this being my first recipe contest was such a thrill. My passion and heart is with my family in the kitchen and to share that with others is the greatest gift of all! The contest that I placed these cupcakes in is a win by vote contest so if any of you would be so kind as to give me your vote I would greatly appreciate it
regular_smile.gif
Voting is once a day until August 19th. Reading this post just made my night and thanks for taking the time to read about my recipe. Bon appetite!
regular_smile.gif

here is the link, to vote you just click the little red vote box on my recipe page:

Beer and bacon combined in a cupcake? SIGN ME UP!!!!! Bacon is delicious with sweet things, I am a huge fan of savory and sweet together..
This is my recipe! My cousin found this link somehow and sent it to me and let me tell you how honored I am to even be a topic of blog conversation! I appreciate any critique you may have (good or bad) and hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I do. It is my dream to open up my own bakery/cafe with my family and this being my first recipe contest was such a thrill. My passion and heart is with my family in the kitchen and to share that with others is the greatest gift of all! The contest that I placed these cupcakes in is a win by vote contest so if any of you would be so kind as to give me your vote I would greatly appreciate it
regular_smile.gif
Voting is once a day until August 19th. Reading this post just made my night and thanks for taking the time to read about my recipe. Bon appetite!
regular_smile.gif

here is the link, to vote you just click the little red vote box on my recipe page:

regular_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif

Back