BnB Finder - Time to Give It Up?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodScout

Reaction score
Got a long email today from BnBFinder letting us know the many, many reasons they were changing their site to allow vacation rentals/STRs/Airs to be listed alongside our inn/B&B.
Their letter starts out talking about adding short-term rentals will "help us to better promote B&Bs to people looking for unique lodging opportunities."
After the illogic of that sunk in, I just skimmed the rest.
We're currently getting about 30 clickthrus a month from them. Respectable, but I think we're going to step aside for awhile, so we can make room for all these vacation rentals they'll be selling to.
Or am I just being cranky? :)

I guess it depends on how they list the separate types of lodging, how they describe them and if it’s clear to the reader what he is looking at. But, I’m with you.

I am waiting to see how they do it. It may be following the trends - and if they keep it separate eh. But if it is mixed in, they will get an earful from me. It will not be the first time. I am certain Eric remembers me.

Was BnB Finder a freebie at one pint? (10+ years ago?). I think I listed with them then.

Got a long email today from BnBFinder letting us know the many, many reasons they were changing their site to allow vacation rentals/STRs/Airs to be listed alongside our inn/B&B.
Their letter starts out talking about adding short-term rentals will "help us to better promote B&Bs to people looking for unique lodging opportunities."
After the illogic of that sunk in, I just skimmed the rest.
We're currently getting about 30 clickthrus a month from them. Respectable, but I think we're going to step aside for awhile, so we can make room for all these vacation rentals they'll be selling to.
Or am I just being cranky? :)
found this Meet the New bnbfinder.com October 2019

"
bnbfinder does not allow vacation rentals:
One of the hardest decisions for the bnbfinder team was the decision to not include vacation rentals on the site. The idea of the website is to allow users looking for the true B&B experience to be confident that they are indeed finding a B&B. From a marketing prospective, narrowing the criteria allows the site to focus on promoting themselves not only as ‘lodging options’ but smaller B&B experiences which brings in more qualified traffic to their member’s properties. "

Back