BnB for Vets TRIP ADVISOR review

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I am posting this after reading a review online from the B&B For Vets pgrm.
I will say a couple things, first of all this Vet had first pick of all the rooms at the inn. Secondly they do not mention THE STAY WAS FREE in any way.
They gave the inn 4 bubbles out of possible 5 for VALUE.
They gave the inn 4 bubbles our of possible 5 for ROOMS.
I am P'D off about this for this inn and generous gracious innkeepers!!!

What ungrateful jerks. How much more of a value could FREE be??? I am also sad for these people who were treated royally as a thank you to them and all they had to do was say how wonderful it was or say nothing. 4 bubbles my butt!!!

It's probably better that they didn't say the stay was free. That would come off sounding like they were paid to say what they did. Altho you would think if you got paid it would show straight 5's across the board!

It's probably better that they didn't say the stay was free. That would come off sounding like they were paid to say what they did. Altho you would think if you got paid it would show straight 5's across the board!.
Madeleine said:
It's probably better that they didn't say the stay was free. That would come off sounding like they were paid to say what they did. Altho you would think if you got paid it would show straight 5's across the board!
Yes that is what I was thinking too. Perhaps they thought they were doing a favor by posting it at all and thinking they want to look like a full paying guests, so marked two items lower. Who the heck knows with people! I don't think they were trying to be spiteful, I think they were just not thinking properly. ugh

Joey Bloggs said:
I am posting this after reading a review online from the B&B For Vets pgrm.
I will say a couple things, first of all this Vet had first pick of all the rooms at the inn. Secondly they do not mention THE STAY WAS FREE in any way.
They gave the inn 4 bubbles out of possible 5 for VALUE.
They gave the inn 4 bubbles our of possible 5 for ROOMS.
I am P'D off about this for this inn and generous gracious innkeepers!!!
I would like to send that reviewer a message. Not rude, just state that was not a kind thing to do. Its people like that that will make innkeepers think twice about participating in that program. JB if you would like to post where to find the review great. If not, I understand. I think we should all send him a professional letter of sadness for his review.

It is an interesting observation because we're always wondering what 'value' means to a guest. If this guest got the stay for free and didn't see the 'value' they probably would not come back as a paid guest.
We did the free stay and had 6 rooms (the 7th was already booked in prior to the website going up for the vets). Everyone was very happy with it and really enjoyed their stay.
I do see a bit of a push tho to just wait and stay free rather than make a reservation for a different weekend. And many want to book in advance. I had to explain this is not a reservation they are paying for so no 'booking' in advance. Several guests asked to reserve 'their' room now. I understand how it's nice to get this but that just reeks of taking advantage.
When we do this next year, and we will, I will post the list of previous guests near the computer and say we are only taking 'new' guests to give everyone a chance.

It is an interesting observation because we're always wondering what 'value' means to a guest. If this guest got the stay for free and didn't see the 'value' they probably would not come back as a paid guest.
We did the free stay and had 6 rooms (the 7th was already booked in prior to the website going up for the vets). Everyone was very happy with it and really enjoyed their stay.
I do see a bit of a push tho to just wait and stay free rather than make a reservation for a different weekend. And many want to book in advance. I had to explain this is not a reservation they are paying for so no 'booking' in advance. Several guests asked to reserve 'their' room now. I understand how it's nice to get this but that just reeks of taking advantage.
When we do this next year, and we will, I will post the list of previous guests near the computer and say we are only taking 'new' guests to give everyone a chance..
Madeleine said:
When we do this next year, and we will, I will post the list of previous guests near the computer and say we are only taking 'new' guests to give everyone a chance.
That is a great idea! It's not for a free trip every year! It's to say thank you for your service!

A lesson in "No good deed goes unpunished" !.
thumbs_up.gif

Not to change the topic entirely, but if anyone watched the finale to the chase at Homestead and saw the Penske team win, finally after 40 years Roger Penske has a title in Stock Car Racing. (They have won Indy 500 I think about 15 times)...but the one thing he said, it wasn't I am great, or anything like that but that THEY WON THIS FOR ALL OF THE SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN overseas giving everything for us... What a man.

Our Inn two rooms out this year, last year we had about four (owner was gracious to do this) so when one did not show and we called them they said they "forgot" that really made us mad cause we could have given the room to other vets that had called, then one didn't show up for breakfast-which isnt so bad but they could have said something.
So this year we only gave away two, we called to make sure that the ones that reserved to confirm their arrival both said of course we cant wait. One arrived and was really thankfull a wonderful couple. The other couple was older and they came in and i gave the tour and such, when they returned they informed us that "he wanted his bed and that they could'nt stay"-they did'nt live too far away-this made us mad cause we had just had a call last week about the stay. So next year we are only going to give away one night.
Its kind of sad that something this great gets tainted by a few selfish buttheads, but you have them in every corner from every place.

Not to change the topic entirely, but if anyone watched the finale to the chase at Homestead and saw the Penske team win, finally after 40 years Roger Penske has a title in Stock Car Racing. (They have won Indy 500 I think about 15 times)...but the one thing he said, it wasn't I am great, or anything like that but that THEY WON THIS FOR ALL OF THE SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN overseas giving everything for us... What a man..
Yeah BRAD AND ROGER
thumbs_up.gif
So glad someone besides JJ won!

Not to change the topic entirely, but if anyone watched the finale to the chase at Homestead and saw the Penske team win, finally after 40 years Roger Penske has a title in Stock Car Racing. (They have won Indy 500 I think about 15 times)...but the one thing he said, it wasn't I am great, or anything like that but that THEY WON THIS FOR ALL OF THE SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN overseas giving everything for us... What a man..
Yeah BRAD AND ROGER
thumbs_up.gif
EmptyNest said:
Yeah BRAD AND ROGER
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

Our Inn two rooms out this year, last year we had about four (owner was gracious to do this) so when one did not show and we called them they said they "forgot" that really made us mad cause we could have given the room to other vets that had called, then one didn't show up for breakfast-which isnt so bad but they could have said something.
So this year we only gave away two, we called to make sure that the ones that reserved to confirm their arrival both said of course we cant wait. One arrived and was really thankfull a wonderful couple. The other couple was older and they came in and i gave the tour and such, when they returned they informed us that "he wanted his bed and that they could'nt stay"-they did'nt live too far away-this made us mad cause we had just had a call last week about the stay. So next year we are only going to give away one night.
Its kind of sad that something this great gets tainted by a few selfish buttheads, but you have them in every corner from every place..
Because of no shows the first year, this year I sent out a reminder email a few days before. I could have given away rooms the day of if anyone didn't show up. But, they all came.
Personally, I think it's pretty rude to look around and decide to leave knowing you have no skin in it. I think that's one reason why PAII was telling innkeepers to get a cc number. Make the person think they DO have some skin in not showing up or deciding to leave.

Its kind of sad that something this great gets tainted by a few selfish buttheads, but you have them in every corner from every place..
Because of no shows the first year, this year I sent out a reminder email a few days before. I could have given away rooms the day of if anyone didn't show up. But, they all came.
Personally, I think it's pretty rude to look around and decide to leave knowing you have no skin in it. I think that's one reason why PAII was telling innkeepers to get a cc number. Make the person think they DO have some skin in not showing up or deciding to leave.
We were out of town this year, but if I did it, I would tell them that because of how important we consider this, if they cancel, no show or don't stay, we charge for the night. Because someone else could have enjoyed it and it's just not fair to waste something because you don't value it.

You could state that there will be an $X charge if you are a no show and the money will go to a vet related charity like Help for Heros which helps soldiers who are injured with rehab and adapting their houses - at least then some good would come out of it.

You could state that there will be an $X charge if you are a no show and the money will go to a vet related charity like Help for Heros which helps soldiers who are injured with rehab and adapting their houses - at least then some good would come out of it.
Excellent idea, Cambs!

Excellent idea, Cambs!
muirford said:
Excellent idea, Cambs!
Yes, wonderful idea.

One of the innkeepers on the PAII Forum did that - the no-show charge was sent to the Wounded Warrior Project.

Back