BnBfinder your experiences

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
We are up for renewal on BnBfinder, your thoughts and experiences on this directory?
(Disclaimer: I know that we have one or two from this directory on this forum ocassionally, so please this is not the time to validate why we s/b on BnBfinder, I am just wanting honest feedback from those who have used or use this directory.) Thank you so much.

I don't know what it was, but I was trying to look up the inns on BnBfinder this morning and the site would not work. Maybe the universtity firewall or something?
Riki

Do you use any trackimg software? I will be hard for me to decide as well. I show 171 visits that came from bnbfinder in the past 12 months. Nothing like bedandbreakfast.com, but I suppose I will stick with them because chances are at least one of them booked and paid for it. But bnbstar, which has a great innstar rating isn't getting my business again. The sight is poorly maintained, they sent me recruitment email all year long and I was already listed, and only 13 visits. Not too good.
Trouble is with these directories is that you hardly hear from the guests the truth of how they found you. If I had a dollar for everytime I questioned them and the said "google search" I'd be able to retire. Bedandbreakfast.com and bbonline users often have my page printed out and in hand when the come, but these are the only ones I see. I am cutting way back on the directories this year.
my two cents...

I do well with them. Of course it all depends on your area. I like that they added webervations.

We always did fairly well with them. I guess for you it would be a matter of tracking the referrals from the site and IF possible seeing if it actually converted to bookings for you. If not, then it may be time to drop them if you are looking for ways to save $$$

Do you use any trackimg software? I will be hard for me to decide as well. I show 171 visits that came from bnbfinder in the past 12 months. Nothing like bedandbreakfast.com, but I suppose I will stick with them because chances are at least one of them booked and paid for it. But bnbstar, which has a great innstar rating isn't getting my business again. The sight is poorly maintained, they sent me recruitment email all year long and I was already listed, and only 13 visits. Not too good.
Trouble is with these directories is that you hardly hear from the guests the truth of how they found you. If I had a dollar for everytime I questioned them and the said "google search" I'd be able to retire. Bedandbreakfast.com and bbonline users often have my page printed out and in hand when the come, but these are the only ones I see. I am cutting way back on the directories this year.
my two cents....
adobenido said:
But bnbstar, which has a great innstar rating isn't getting my business again. The sight is poorly maintained, they sent me recruitment email all year long and I was already listed, and only 13 visits. Not too good.
I wouldn't waste my money on that site. Who even knows it exists or uses it???
And by the way...INNSTAR hasn't been updated since 2006.It says so right on the site. I don't know if Bill plans to do anything with it or not.
I would never place any value on data that old.

my two cents....
adobenido said:
But bnbstar, which has a great innstar rating isn't getting my business again. The sight is poorly maintained, they sent me recruitment email all year long and I was already listed, and only 13 visits. Not too good.
I wouldn't waste my money on that site. Who even knows it exists or uses it???
And by the way...INNSTAR hasn't been updated since 2006.It says so right on the site. I don't know if Bill plans to do anything with it or not.
I would never place any value on data that old.
Gee. It was new data when I inquired three years ago.

Joe Bloggs said:
We are up for renewal on BnBfinder, your thoughts and experiences on this directory?
(Disclaimer: I know that we have one or two from this directory on this forum ocassionally, so please this is not the time to validate why we s/b on BnBfinder, I am just wanting honest feedback from those who have used or use this directory.) Thank you so much.
When I do searches for my town, Charlottesville VA, BnBFinder does not come up. So I have not joined it. Does anyone who has the same search results use this directory and still get bookings from them?
Riki

I like bnbfinder, it's my third highest B&B directory referrer, after bedandbreakfast.com and bbonline.com. Far outperformed lanier, iloveinns and theinnkeeper...and I mean by multiples.

Back