Bob you okay over there in Branson?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Heard you had a tornado tear through this morning. We hope you are not hurt, and that your place is not damaged.

Hey! Thank you for asking! WOW what a day. We lost power from 1am until 8:30. We were able to cook breakfast for the guests and everyone was happy! It wasn't until this afternoon that I realized how lucky we are. About 1/2 mule from us houses are gone. Over half of the 76 strip is heavily damaged or destroyed. I believe this is going to affect tourism in Branson. I know it will come back better than it was before. It's still sad to see so many properties destroyed. I also feel bad for all of the jobs that have been lost today.

Hey! Thank you for asking! WOW what a day. We lost power from 1am until 8:30. We were able to cook breakfast for the guests and everyone was happy! It wasn't until this afternoon that I realized how lucky we are. About 1/2 mule from us houses are gone. Over half of the 76 strip is heavily damaged or destroyed. I believe this is going to affect tourism in Branson. I know it will come back better than it was before. It's still sad to see so many properties destroyed. I also feel bad for all of the jobs that have been lost today..
Bob, Glad all is well with you. As I am one who does not notice signatures, did not realize you were in Branson. Buildings can be replaced, people cannot. Hope no one was hurt.

So glad you are ok neighbor! My thoughts were with you this morning. I saw pictures this morning of the losses! So terrible.
My daughter was terrified as her dorm had to go into the center of the building last night as the tornado passed them! Greatful it passed and didn't touch down.
Praising the Lord there was not a repeat of the Joplin disaster!

We're not too far from the one that hit in Harveyville, KS this week and even closer to the big one that hit Reading, KS last year. Maybe I'm just noticing more but these tornados seem to be getting bigger and hitting populated areas more often. Glad you all made it through ok.

Back