BOGO - allowances?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
- One Night Free: This property is featured in Bed & Breakfasts and Country Inns published by American Historic Inns. This guide features a certificate for ONE NIGHT FREE with the purchase of one night. The dates this property will honor the certificate are Midweek stays, Sunday-Thursday only, anytime November through September (not valid in October)
I had an email from a lady from this BOGO site who wanted to know about DEC weekend. I talked it over with my biz partner and we decided why not! We have one room booked for DEC so this would be one more and she was choosing a more expensive room.
Are you willing to make these allowances in the off season?

I have them valid any time except holidays, WVU games, or October. Would I bend - nost likely. I have always looked at them as being a chance to "knock their socks off" with what we do here and they might come back or send a friend.

Huh? I'm with Bree - doesn't Nov-September include December?.
I think the point was more towards the weekend instead of Sun-Thurs.... nothing having to do with the month.
wink_smile.gif

I think the point was more towards the weekend instead of Sun-Thurs.... nothing having to do with the month.
wink_smile.gif

cherry64 said:
wink_smile.gif
The original poster highlighted 'DEC' not 'weekend' which is why I think I focused on the DEC part.

wink_smile.gif

cherry64 said:
wink_smile.gif
The original poster highlighted 'DEC' not 'weekend' which is why I think I focused on the DEC part.
Same here. I was reading it that way.

Sorry ya'll I am used to doing that for months of the year FEB MAR APR - my bad. Mid week vs weekend was what I was asking about

Yes, I bend if especially if I think that they would return -without the freebie!
But... then there are those like this woman: Called here about 2 weeks prior to Thanksgiving, wanting Fri & Sat. or Sat & Sun. after Thanksgiving, but would take Thurs & Fri if available.
My listing says: Sun - Thurs, except Holiday or event periods, .... May - Sept.
I thought this through and it sounded like they were going to be in the area for more than the 2 nights so I offered to accept the coupon IF they stayed at least 3 nights but could not break up the holiday weekend. -
She said she could not afford my place for the 3rd night...
omg_smile.gif

Yes, I bend if especially if I think that they would return -without the freebie!
But... then there are those like this woman: Called here about 2 weeks prior to Thanksgiving, wanting Fri & Sat. or Sat & Sun. after Thanksgiving, but would take Thurs & Fri if available.
I thought this through and it sounded like they were going to be in the area for more than the 2 nights so I offered to accept the coupon IF they stayed at least 3 nights but could not break up the holiday weekend. -
omg_smile.gif
Copperhead said:
omg_smile.gif
I had a call like that. Wanted 3 nights until I told them the price. Booked 2 nights and then cancelled.

I just made most of it for Dec as they checked out today 9it being Dec 1). I have 4 room nights in Dec and only 2 paying - one is a BOGO ilovesinns 2 night stay, one is a prepaid GC from last dec, and one is a reg booking.

I have an agreement with several organizations and will do a BOGO anytime except for UNL football weekends when the city is sold out.

Back