BooHoo! 97 years and I have to be the one!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very sad. what kind of shade is it?.
It is one of those decorated glass shades that is held in with three screws at the top. I have the CF bulbs in them now but my electrician told me to never use above a 40 watt bulb because a higher watt will damage them. No worry on this one now.
Edited to add photo: Dang, I guess the picture is too big. The one with the bite out shows. It is the one next to it that is now half a shade.

That's a shame...we have several in this house with just the white shades. Maybe look online? eBay or something? Your inn-mates here can certainly keep an eye out for you! :)
I would appreciate that. I have been looking at antique shops for years trying to find 4 of a kind for the OQ living room DH studio light fixture. Each giestroom has 3 lights hanging from the ceiling fixture. Finding 3 of a kind was interesting. The 3 in the big room were actually found in 2 different antique shops - a couple years apart. I had 2 of them in the upstairs hall (that fixture has 2 lights and until just a few years ago still had gas going to it) until I spotted the third one and moved them to the guestroom.
I used to work at an antique lamp shop in Portland, Oregon. It is still in business and they specialize in replacement shades for antique lamps. The name of the business is: The Lamplighter. You could probably find them on Yellow pages.com. The owner's name is Jan.

very sad. what kind of shade is it?.
It is one of those decorated glass shades that is held in with three screws at the top. I have the CF bulbs in them now but my electrician told me to never use above a 40 watt bulb because a higher watt will damage them. No worry on this one now.
Edited to add photo: Dang, I guess the picture is too big. The one with the bite out shows. It is the one next to it that is now half a shade.

That's a shame...we have several in this house with just the white shades. Maybe look online? eBay or something? Your inn-mates here can certainly keep an eye out for you! :)
I would appreciate that. I have been looking at antique shops for years trying to find 4 of a kind for the OQ living room DH studio light fixture. Each giestroom has 3 lights hanging from the ceiling fixture. Finding 3 of a kind was interesting. The 3 in the big room were actually found in 2 different antique shops - a couple years apart. I had 2 of them in the upstairs hall (that fixture has 2 lights and until just a few years ago still had gas going to it) until I spotted the third one and moved them to the guestroom.
I used to work at an antique lamp shop in Portland, Oregon. It is still in business and they specialize in replacement shades for antique lamps. The name of the business is: The Lamplighter. You could probably find them on Yellow pages.com. The owner's name is Jan.
Thank you. I will look them up!

Back