Bookin gs.com ??

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had not considered offering only certain rooms or blocking out weekends. Everyone here has such great ideas & so much experience. I appreciate all the feedback.
I think 15% is a fair price for a room that might have gone empty otherwise, especially considering that there is no up-front (or extra) costs and no contract. And we've raised our rates, so it would more than cover this fee..
K9 said:
I had not considered offering only certain rooms or blocking out weekends. Everyone here has such great ideas & so much experience. I appreciate all the feedback.
I think 15% is a fair price for a room that might have gone empty otherwise, especially considering that there is no up-front (or extra) costs and no contract. And we've raised our rates, so it would more than cover this fee.
Yes and make it your least booked room. Just to test the water!
Joey Bloggs said:
K9 said:
I think 15% is a fair price for a room that might have gone empty otherwise, especially considering that there is no up-front (or extra) costs and no contract. And we've raised our rates, so it would more than cover this fee.
Or don't put in any certain room at all. What I did was add a 'standard' room, this 'room' describes any one of 3 of my rooms which have same price so which ever room is not booked directly is the one they get when they arrive. It made it easier for me than to rush out and block it because #3 booked.

I think 15% is a fair price for a room that might have gone empty otherwise, especially considering that there is no up-front (or extra) costs and no contract. And we've raised our rates, so it would more than cover this fee..
K9 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
K9 said:
Or don't put in any certain room at all. What I did was add a 'standard' room, this 'room' describes any one of 3 of my rooms which have same price so which ever room is not booked directly is the one they get when they arrive. It made it easier for me than to rush out and block it because #3 booked.
thats true would use a term like standard double - makes it a lot easier to juggle about if you need to.

K9 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
K9 said:
copperhead said:
Joey Bloggs said:
K9 said:
Yes I understand, just saying use the room that books the least (if you have a large spawn of rooms). Sure you can put them in any room. I have one room listed on another directory (that only charges if it rents) and that room is the one I have taken out of inventory, so I give them any available room if someone wants to book it. But my photos online are of that room.

From France, we are on booking.com as well. They have taken over the market down here. Not just for hotels. They are now on a big push to get holiday rentals, B&Bs, campsites, ... Any kind of accommodation will do. We see many small B&Bs with 1 or 2 rooms joining them.
People are less and less googling for "Hotel Paris" and more and more for "Booking". We get a third of our bookings from them and they help us fill-up off-season weeks. We close availability in summer and spring's week-ends.
Expedia/Venere/Hotel.com sends us peanuts in comparison. Their extranet and websites are very poor compared with booking.
Commission is also 15%. It is said that about 30% of their visitors will book directly at the hotel. We exclude cost of breakfast on booking so that we pay less commission. A portion of those guests will come back or recommend us. We are strict on cancelation terms and withdraw from guest's CC if allowed. The guests they bring us are guests that we could not get otherwise : most of those guests went directly to booking.com without going through Google. All in all, both sides are winners.
I understand that share holders' concern is that booking.com's profit growth continues. To do that, they need more stock (yes, that's us). Thus their push on B&Bs, campsites, ... It is obvious that they will look closely at the US market. Get ready.

Back