Booking.com - but wait, there's more...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'll stay with them for a while and see how it goes. Hoping the pluses of being with them might outweigh the negatives of everything being exactly as I'd like them.

I am trying to outsmart them...they are holding our TA listing hostage. Every time I update something I get a call inviting me to join trip connect and the biz listing.
I put this photo on there today, and changed ALL the other photos captions to "Visit our website direct for rates and availability!" I will let you know if it sticks or gets knocked back. Why should THIS be forbidden?
IDEA: If you write a mgmt review, you may wish to add that same line, "get the best rate by booking direct on our website" or something...
TA%20600%20Claiborne%20House%20bed%20and%20breakfast.jpg

I am trying to outsmart them...they are holding our TA listing hostage. Every time I update something I get a call inviting me to join trip connect and the biz listing.
I put this photo on there today, and changed ALL the other photos captions to "Visit our website direct for rates and availability!" I will let you know if it sticks or gets knocked back. Why should THIS be forbidden?
IDEA: If you write a mgmt review, you may wish to add that same line, "get the best rate by booking direct on our website" or something...
Just checked...although your updated picture with print is in the photos, it is not showing as your listing picture. Your listing picture is the same as it has always been. Can you get the new one moved up front where it will be immediately obvious?

Great
lightbulb.gif
Hope it sticks. Good for you!
Had a talk with some guests this weekend that had booked via hotels.com
They opened up the conversation so I just listened to their reasons for using such a site for ALL their trips and they travel a lot.
  • one stop shopping
  • all their data is in the system
  • rewards of free night after 10? booked
  • one place to change any plans
They had a misconception that all lodging were on the site. I told them that was not the case, with the high commissions we pay, many establishments opt not to use them and others limit the # of rooms they will place on the site. This hopefully will have them checking further but -
The first was the reward, said they didn't have to worry about keeping a reward card for every chain or didn't have to choose one particular chain or could stay at a B&B and could still get the points for a free night.

At this point I mentioned Innrewards and said they should keep a look out on this sight. Said they didn't have to tally up for free stays but would get a free gift or discount at each place they stay. They sounded interested but didn't ask for the name again.
sad_smile.gif

They also mentioned how at times they were confused about some places calling themselves a B&B yet had 20 rooms, other places called inns and had 50+ etc. I told them that some states have guidelines as to how places rank as to B&B, Inn, Boutique Hotel, etc. while others did not. It does make it difficult for the guest at times. Others just are clueless no matter what!

Just checked...although your updated picture with print is in the photos, it is not showing as your listing picture. Your listing picture is the same as it has always been. Can you get the new one moved up front where it will be immediately obvious?
Joe E Bloggs said:
I have it set as the PRIMARY image. I went in and tried i again! Hopefully it will stick!
Thanks for looking for me! Right now it shows NO primary. eeek scary, we will see later on.

Joe E Bloggs said:
I have it set as the PRIMARY image. I went in and tried i again! Hopefully it will stick!
Thanks for looking for me! Right now it shows NO primary. eeek scary, we will see later on.
All changes to primary photos are done by TA staff, so it can take weeks before the change you requested (e.g. the "save" button should really be called "submit") might get processed. (and repeatedly submitting any request to TA just re-sets your clock...)

I have 2 Facebook accounts, one is effectively a dead account and I use for logging in etc, they can take what they like from that.
I also have 3 e mail addresses. One for work, one for personal and one which I have had for years for anything that may be junk related.
I also have had linkedin e mails which I now have set on spam.

Joe E Bloggs said:
It didn't stick. there is just a partial blurry image there right now. :-( GRRR

OK checked, now you have no management photos at all, only from guests....
Bommelhoeve said:
OK checked, now you have no management photos at all, only from guests...
If I click the "photos from guests" link, there's a tab in the lower right of the photo viewer that says "51 Management Photos" and when I click that, I see the first one has the text for lowest rates. But the main photo for the inn is just a closeup of the porch rail.

OK checked, now you have no management photos at all, only from guests....
Bommelhoeve said:
OK checked, now you have no management photos at all, only from guests...
If I click the "photos from guests" link, there's a tab in the lower right of the photo viewer that says "51 Management Photos" and when I click that, I see the first one has the text for lowest rates. But the main photo for the inn is just a closeup of the porch rail.
Yes they have not adjusted it yet. I will keep trying. This happened before, and my main photo eventually got there.

Wow! Thank you for sharing all of this. Scary and frustrating I am sure!
So my question to you, how do I avoid all of this mess and drama? What would you "do over" knowing what you know now? Suggestions.

Joey Bloggs said:
What a cool idea! do you mind if I copy with mine ???
riki

Joey Bloggs said:
riki
You can try it Riki but TA hasn't let it be shown yet. Wait and see if they do then try it ;-)

Joe E Bloggs said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Joe E Bloggs said:
I would be extremely surprised if it works. Is is not prohibited in the small print ?
Best is to answer all guests opinions and "elegantly" inserting within your answer:
- strong points of your property & service ("seems like your kids really enjoyed the pool", "next time, just inform us you prefer our room for wheelchair bound persons", ...)
- book direct ("thank you for having booked direct", "Lucky you, by booking direct, you had better prices", "if you had booked direct, we would have proposed our holiday tour package", ...).
This kind of comments are accepted on TripA. And its free!
I am currently testing the waters with Booking answers (under A/B test in France).

Joey Bloggs said:
riki

Back