Booking Engines

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking out Striking. Never heard of them. But...alas...I've lived in a cave I suppose since my time's been occupied with keeping the books, taking out the trash, landscaping and chasing weeds, shopping for supplies, keeping my kids under control at home.....
Anyway....I'll get this figured out soon enough. THEN it's put on the photgrapher hat, the marketing hat, the booking engine hat.....

Checking out Striking. Never heard of them. But...alas...I've lived in a cave I suppose since my time's been occupied with keeping the books, taking out the trash, landscaping and chasing weeds, shopping for supplies, keeping my kids under control at home.....
Anyway....I'll get this figured out soon enough. THEN it's put on the photgrapher hat, the marketing hat, the booking engine hat......
STRIKING is the name of the theme. They are in the top 4 of themes sold...so that says something. I have used the #2 Theme AVADA and I like it. I had some problems with a shopping cart, but did get it solved. They too are good with support...not as good Kaptalin..but helpful. And AVADA is already responsive ready to go. Here is a site I am finishing up right now.

Moving at the speed of light here.....just talked to 1&1....Business WordPress pkg gives SSL cert and Dreamweaver, but these seem non-essential given the PCI compliant booking engines I am considering and WordPress - not HTML - as the platform. Limited package seems best buy at $5.99/month.
Time to move the website into the 21st century I guess....retool and learn WordPress basics...Sales guy suggested I go to You Tube for some great tutuorials.
I'll keep both sites up while "under construction" with WordPress.
Keep the feedback coming! Thanks..
Forget Dreamweaver..that is html. And you don't need ssl as you aren't a shopping cart. If you want to see some excellent videos go here.
Woo does a great job. with the videos and some of their themes are good...but I am not keen on their support. Have used several themes and this past week..they still could not help me. It took me 2 days of research where they had me running in every different direction before I figured it out on my own.
Get yourself FIREBUG and don't look back. This will help you to understand styles and you can change right then and there on the fly and see how it will affect the look of the site and it isn't permanent until you actually put the new codes into your custom styles..
Watch before you try anything...you'll be better prepared.
EmptyNest said:
Watch before you try anything...you'll be better prepared.
So true! I did not watch, just jumped in and I made some really dopey mistakes at first.

Anyway....I'll get this figured out soon enough. THEN it's put on the photgrapher hat, the marketing hat, the booking engine hat......
This is the demo page. It's a little confusing but you can get an idea of ONE possible layout for the page. You can really do anything you want with it.

This is the demo page. It's a little confusing but you can get an idea of ONE possible layout for the page. You can really do anything you want with it.
You have come a long way Maddie
heart.gif

You have come a long way Maddie
heart.gif

Yeah, now I have half a clue...

Taking a break from the webpage and shifting back to booking engine where this ALL started.....trying to work through this ResKey setup.....

Back to BOOKING ENGINES here - if you use RESKEY, could you post a link to your site so that I can see how it's set up with messages, etc? I'd like to see a few of them so that I can dive into this and not have to reinvent the wheel...
Thanks all!

Our ResKey set-up is pretty simple, as the goal was just to get it up and running. It's not yet "fully integrated" into our site, and there is a lot more that could be done with it, but at least it works!

Back to BOOKING ENGINES here - if you use RESKEY, could you post a link to your site so that I can see how it's set up with messages, etc? I'd like to see a few of them so that I can dive into this and not have to reinvent the wheel...
Thanks all!.
Look at this one

Are there any larger inns here who require a "City Ledger" or "House Accounts" component ? I've just questioned Res Key and Nexus on this. Waiting for responses. We direct-bill a large business customer by compiled invoice every 6-8 weeks and the report is divided into "departmental" charges.
We also have a Gift Shop with various consignment accounts.
So...a really good, versatile, and easy accounting component is important to us - not just a booking engine.

Back