Booking no longer sends CVC codes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only started taking it after I found out SQ required it for card not present. I also found out last year that the zip code MUST match the BILLING address zip. IF my billing address is a P O Box in the next town but I rez with my home address the charge will not go..
Yes. For telephone bookings I must remember to ask for their mailing address. Square's need for the code is what led to the R es N ex us divorce.
Yes, phone booking: "You will secure the reservation with a Visa or Master Card; I need the address to which your card is billed." Don't need the 3 digit.

I only started taking it after I found out SQ required it for card not present. I also found out last year that the zip code MUST match the BILLING address zip. IF my billing address is a P O Box in the next town but I rez with my home address the charge will not go..
Yes. For telephone bookings I must remember to ask for their mailing address. Square's need for the code is what led to the R es N ex us divorce.
Yes, phone booking: "You will secure the reservation with a Visa or Master Card; I need the address to which your card is billed." Don't need the 3 digit.
With Square you need the billing address zip AND the 3 dastardly digits.

Note for ResKey owners who also use Authorize dot net, in addition to not needing the CVC code, I leaned today that it also doesn't need the card type (MC/VISA/AMEX/DISC) that ResKey asks for.
I had somebody give me their card info. I didn't get the card type and didn't want to contact the guest again, so I ran the card with it set to VISA. It went fine but when I got the Authorize confirmation number, it shows it was actually a Mastercard. Authorize doesn't care.
Apparently all that's really needed is the card number, exp. date, and zip code.

Note for ResKey owners who also use Authorize dot net, in addition to not needing the CVC code, I leaned today that it also doesn't need the card type (MC/VISA/AMEX/DISC) that ResKey asks for.
I had somebody give me their card info. I didn't get the card type and didn't want to contact the guest again, so I ran the card with it set to VISA. It went fine but when I got the Authorize confirmation number, it shows it was actually a Mastercard. Authorize doesn't care.
Apparently all that's really needed is the card number, exp. date, and zip code..
You do know how to tell the numbers apart if you have access to them, right? Visa starts with 4, MC 5, amex 3 and discover some other number. Sorry, never get them.

I knew it was getting the card type from the first few digits but never bothered to find out precisely. Nice to know that I don't have to. Have too much clutter in my head already!

Apparently all that's really needed is the card number, exp. date, and zip code..
You do know how to tell the numbers apart if you have access to them, right? Visa starts with 4, MC 5, amex 3 and discover some other number. Sorry, never get them.
Morticia said:
Discover starts with 6

Amex, Diner's Club and JCB all start with 3.
Visa starts with a 4
MC starts with a 5 (Diner's Club US/Canada too 5).
Discover, China UnionPay start with a 6.
Used to be some old MC and old Diners Club enRoute cards that started with a 2.
Canadian bank cards start with 4506, 4519, 589297, 4536, 500X and 56XX, these can be used on the NYCE debit card system and ATMs, because they only function with PINs.

Wanted to keep this in the right topic. This was just posted on the UK Forum for those who use bdotcon.
We have just had a reservation made via Booking.com whereby the guest has booked last minute and “apparently does not need to give any card details”.
If you do not want this “facility” check on your extranet as the girl we have just spoken to has confirmed that Booking.com has activated it by default for everyone!!

Don't you just love it!!

Wanted to keep this in the right topic. This was just posted on the UK Forum for those who use bdotcon.
We have just had a reservation made via Booking.com whereby the guest has booked last minute and “apparently does not need to give any card details”.
If you do not want this “facility” check on your extranet as the girl we have just spoken to has confirmed that Booking.com has activated it by default for everyone!!

Don't you just love it!!
You have to stay on top of your extranet every week.
One thing you have no control over is same day reservations. You have to call your rep to be sure you do not have same day reservations.

Don't you just love it!!
This was posted as a reply:
There's a couple of places to check.
Look at Property info >> My settings for late bookings without credit card details. All mine were switched off, i.e. I need credit card details for all bookings.
There's lots of stuff in there to watch out for, like bookings without addresses, and bookings without phone numbers.

Also look at Property info >> Payment and Cancellation Policies, as at the bottom of the page is a setting to allow domestic guests to book without a card, like they are somehow more reliable.

Don't you just love it!!
gillumhouse said:

Don't you just love it!!
There is a few settings you have to check (or not) in order to get the data you need for same day bookings.
As Mort said if you do not want same day bookings you must contact your Rep to have that changed as the option to opt out is not one the extranet.

AND - FYI, sometimes your settings are changed by the mysterious phantom. Keep a close eye on your settings. And you may also want to contact your Rep from time to time to check your last day booking setting. I have always opted out of same day but this week I got one. I was not pleased at all. The Rep could not tell me why my opt out had been removed.

What's amusing is when you log on to your extranet, if you're not taking advantages of their "wonderful opportunities" you get little reminders saying you're missing out on making money by not requiring credit card info, etc.
Yeah, right.
You can turn the reminders off, but before I did I made sure to light up their comments box when they asked why I wasn't taking advantage. Essentially said I had too many b com clients no-showing and sticking me -- why would I want more? Also told them they were the OTA I required 100% upfront payment from at time of booking - because their clients were unconfirmed and unreliable.
Know it will get me nowhere, but always cathartic to unload via the keyboard.

What's amusing is when you log on to your extranet, if you're not taking advantages of their "wonderful opportunities" you get little reminders saying you're missing out on making money by not requiring credit card info, etc.
Yeah, right.
You can turn the reminders off, but before I did I made sure to light up their comments box when they asked why I wasn't taking advantage. Essentially said I had too many b com clients no-showing and sticking me -- why would I want more? Also told them they were the OTA I required 100% upfront payment from at time of booking - because their clients were unconfirmed and unreliable.
Know it will get me nowhere, but always cathartic to unload via the keyboard..
PhineasSwann said:
Yes!
All of their offers give the farm away. There's no protection for us, especially if all you have is a name that may be completely false! And no idea when they are arriving.
This whole weekend has been booking guests. That's rare. Germany, France, Australia and a couple of states. Everyone has been lovely.

Thanks so much K. I checked my settings and you were right. Just what I didn't need. Love all you on the forum!!!

Yeah, right.
PhineasSwann said:
Yes!
All of their offers give the farm away. There's no protection for us, especially if all you have is a name that may be completely false! And no idea when they are arriving.
This whole weekend has been booking guests. That's rare. Germany, France, Australia and a couple of states. Everyone has been lovely.
Morticia said:
All of their offers give the farm away.
And Air keeps telling me, if I want to rent that $119 room of mine I should make it $49. They are so interested in the well being of my business.

Yeah, right.
PhineasSwann said:
Yes!
Morticia said:
And Air keeps telling me, if I want to rent that $119 room of mine I should make it $49. They are so interested in the well being of my business.
Arks said:
Morticia said:
thumbs_up.gif
shades_smile.gif
Did you get the new air policy? A couple days ago we got a booking and they wouldn't let us see anything of the booking until we had read and agreed to the new policy.

Yeah, right.
PhineasSwann said:
Yes!
Morticia said:
Arks said:
Morticia said:
thumbs_up.gif
shades_smile.gif
Did you get the new air policy? A couple days ago we got a booking and they wouldn't let us see anything of the booking until we had read and agreed to the new policy.
Duff2014 said:
Arks said:
Morticia said:
thumbs_up.gif
shades_smile.gif
Yes. The new policy is for binding arbitration.

Yeah, right.
PhineasSwann said:
Yes!
I woudl say all electric car chargers - make sure you have that ticked on your facilities list!

Back