Bookings!

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

MidwestBB

Reaction score
We are getting bookings into 2019 already! Mostly people celebrating a wedding, etc. We were full this past weekend. We have a room filled tonight. We just got two more new bookings tonight (one for tomorrow night and the other for 2 nights in August)

So fun to see all the hard work starting to pay off! Just had to share!!!!

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Yes, it is joyous!

Arks

Reaction score
Yes, it's a great feeling in the beginning, and after several years, I still feel great every single time a new one comes in.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a great feeling in the beginning, and after several years, I still feel great every single time a new one comes in..
I will soon have my 22nd anniversary - opened July 3, 1996 - and I still whoop! when a reservation comes in. Shinnston is a small city just 7 miles west of the Interstate, but we may as well be in Timbuktu as far as being a tourism destination (except for what I do re marketing of course).

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Good going!

Anon Inn

Reaction score
Congratulations! May your advance bookings multiply. :)

MidwestBB

Reaction score
Thanks! I had to laugh because the AirBNB app makes a special sound when you get a booking. The wife and I were in the kitchen when we heard THAT sound. I actually went, "Oh no!" as I thought we got another booking and we were both feeling a little stressed. Turned out it was just a message. LOL

Highlands John

Reaction score
In the last 2 weeks I've had three 2 night bookings for May?.
You had bookings in June for last May?
Yes, we do tend to get a few, usually for special occasions. Couple checked out this morning, here for his 50th... booked last Oct. Weddings is another one.
Also long stays, couple here last week for 7 days, they booked last July.

MidwestBB

Reaction score
We've had both rooms booked every weekend. Not Friday and Saturday always but at least 1 night every weekend we have both rooms booked. We're happy with that and not needing to be busier.
Tonight I had to stay up until 11:30pm to welcome newlyweds. We've been really popular with newlyweds! Last weekend we had a bridal party in both rooms.

Innkeep

Reaction score
I usually meet with the groom a day or two before the wedding. He signs in, I give him the code to the front door keypad, show him where the room is and ask when they want breakfast. It really works well. I don’t wait up, they don’t worry about having a curfew.
Front door keypads are the way to go.