Books Left Behind

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I have books in all the rooms for guests to read or take and sometimes (but not as often as I would like) they leave them. Probably due to the one nighter scenario. I see some great books and hope they leave them behind for Moi.
Today I noticed a new book in a room and picked it up and had to chuckle. It is "A body to die for" by Kate White.
The front sleeve says:
...So when an old family friend invites her for a free weekend at the Cedar Inn in rural massachusetts, she jumps at the chance to leave Manhattan for some major pampering.
I had to laugh, first that it involved an Inn and secondly that it reminded me of an Inn here on the forum.
thumbs_up.gif

I will be taking this with me to the cabin soon.
Anyone else know of any books involving B&B's or innkeepers - let us know.

A Wedding in December was sent a couple years ago to select innkeepers (free) as a way to promote the book. Took place at an inn. It was a sort of Big Chill (remember that movie? I think it is the one I mean - with William Hurt).
Mary Daheim has written a whole series of mysteries with a detective who owns a B & B.

Bachelor Brothers Bed and Breakfast (I think it is set in Washington state).
And there's Karen MacInerney (I selected the recipes page because I'm on it...) but she writes the Gray Whale Inn mysteries, set in Maine.
The one Kathleen mentioned that I got a copy of free as well. As a matter of fact, I got 2 and gave one to the library.

Chaucer's Canterbury Tales is a great story involving inns and innkeepers.

Chaucer's Canterbury Tales is a great story involving inns and innkeepers..
IvyLee said:
Chaucer's Canterbury Tales is a great story involving inns and innkeepers.
Good one!
That's one of my favorite books. What's a bit sad is the way they teach it (if they teach it all) is they break it down into sthe seperate tales ('Miller's Tale' 'Wife of Bath's Tale') so many people don't realise that the entire book is about a bunch of folks who stop at an inn on the way to Canterbury and start telling stories.
The entire 'Dragonlance' fantasy series also features a main character, Tika Wayland, who is an innkeeper that loses her inn to an invading army and becomes soldier. I magine there are many more than that even.

I actually just reviewed one. I can't reveal the name yet, but I will as soon as it is out..should be soon.
It is a sequel to Country Inn, Dead and Breakfast
ir
http://www.tinaczarnota.com/.
Deadwaiter is the sequel and has just been released. I made it onto the jacket
regular_smile.gif

swirt said:
regular_smile.gif
OK, I've met you and you don't look a thing like that jacket illustration...

I actually just reviewed one. I can't reveal the name yet, but I will as soon as it is out..should be soon.
ir
regular_smile.gif

swirt said:
regular_smile.gif
Does he look like his avatar?
=)
Kk.

ir
regular_smile.gif

swirt said:
regular_smile.gif
LOL no, not my likeness on the jacket ... I'm only represented by a few words followed by my name and BBname on the jacket.

Back