Boomers represent an untapped niche market

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Boomers represent an untapped niche market
"—For the next 19 years, approximately 11,000 baby boomers born in the U.S. between 1946 and 1964 will retire every day. With unprecedented disposable income, free time and a powerful desire for new experiences, they will represent one of the biggest customer niches in the history of the hotel industry."
And we are told to focus on Gen Y and Gen X from BWTS - this is me now, this is my B&B today, I am not worries about what happens in 10 years, I won't be running an inn in ten years, right now I have bills to pay.

And these are the people I understand and who understand me. These are the guests I want and who I am targeting. I have had many younger guests who appreciated who and what we are. I cannot be anything else. THAT is why all this doily BS with PAII had me so ticked off.
Anyone who stays at a B & B is not having to LIVE with the decor - many are just coming to see what it is like so show what you are like on your web site. I agree I would be creeped out to find an angel or painting of one everywhere I looked - but I would have expected to see photos of that inn on the web site before booking to know to move on. Anyone who is creeped out by doilies needs some help - just my opinion - so go somewhere other than a Victorian mansion!

The 'Silver Tsunami'
wink_smile.gif

Is this supposed to be news? I thought the baby-boomer market was a given going into this business.

The 'Silver Tsunami'
wink_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
The 'Silver Tsunami'
wink_smile.gif
I'm letting my hair grow out. I want to be part of the Silver Tsunami!
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
The 'Silver Tsunami'
wink_smile.gif
Been trying to do that for 2 years, I get only so far then I panic and run to the CVS and an hour later I feel much better. Some day I will do it. It isn't the Silver that bugs me, it is the look during the process. May have to spend the big bucks and let a pro figure it out. Naw, I'm cheap!

The 'Silver Tsunami'
wink_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
The 'Silver Tsunami'
wink_smile.gif
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
The 'Silver Tsunami'
wink_smile.gif
Been trying to do that for 2 years, I get only so far then I panic and run to the CVS and an hour later I feel much better. Some day I will do it. It isn't the Silver that bugs me, it is the look during the process. May have to spend the big bucks and let a pro figure it out. Naw, I'm cheap!
It is because I am cheap (and too lazy for the CVS route) that I have never done anything.
Next week I am going to the Capital for an award for the City and have a whack & a doo scheduled for that morning - when she does my hair the silver stands out and looks great! Normally it is just a mix. I am VERY fortunate - it really is silver and not the "yellow-gray".

Back