Boston to Scotland?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
Have some if you visited Scotland from the US?
Can you advise an airline? I see a huge difference in price between economy and business or first class. First is too $ for me. Thanks

I do not know about the $$$ part but I flew KLM TO Germany and Delta back. If possible, I would go KLM. The service was awesome. Delta? Schmelta.

will warn you enonomy does mean being packed in like cattle however it depends on if like me id rather have more money to spend at the other end so will put up with it. The only thing to watch is with the super budget airlines is they don't necessarily do food you either have to buy it on the plane or pre book it. Remember you are only allowed to bring on yourself so much with anti terror laws.

I've flown quite a bit. Most people never pay full fare for business class, it's often provided as upgrades to those who fly often or those who pay full Y fare, not to mention those on points. Likely the cheapest for you will usually be Aer Lingus, which along with Swiss often compete on the lowest fares. They are usually cheapest transatlatnic, though IcelandAir usually has some deals as well. Try using ITA's Matrix at matrix.itasoftware.com to get a better idea of flights. There are warnings on the right of each flight that will tell you some of the drawbacks of a particular flight.
Now flying between anywhere in Europe to anywhere else in Europe is a complete different story. Often with 15 KG luggage limits, severe overage charges, charges for just smiling wrong and a cattle prod to get you to the seat on some of the discount airlines. I've seen people walking in with four sets of clothing to avoid having to pay for checked luggage. Ryanair being the most infamous for flying you to an airport that isn't even close to where you thought that you were going (like Beauvais instead of Paris CDG or Orly).

You may want to look at using Icelandair to Europe, not direct Bos - Scotland but often very low fares. Otherwise Virgin Atlantic is a good option. Avoid Easter, and fares much cheaper prior to April and after July
Generally the cheapest European capital to fly to/from is London and then take an el Cheapo like Valujet for your next flight HOWEVER note that often the small airlines fly out of airports that are no where near the city or other airports and your transfers can be long and $$, not to mention frustrating
There are also trains from London to Scotland - a great experience

I've flown quite a bit. Most people never pay full fare for business class, it's often provided as upgrades to those who fly often or those who pay full Y fare, not to mention those on points. Likely the cheapest for you will usually be Aer Lingus, which along with Swiss often compete on the lowest fares. They are usually cheapest transatlatnic, though IcelandAir usually has some deals as well. Try using ITA's Matrix at matrix.itasoftware.com to get a better idea of flights. There are warnings on the right of each flight that will tell you some of the drawbacks of a particular flight.
Now flying between anywhere in Europe to anywhere else in Europe is a complete different story. Often with 15 KG luggage limits, severe overage charges, charges for just smiling wrong and a cattle prod to get you to the seat on some of the discount airlines. I've seen people walking in with four sets of clothing to avoid having to pay for checked luggage. Ryanair being the most infamous for flying you to an airport that isn't even close to where you thought that you were going (like Beauvais instead of Paris CDG or Orly)..
BTW, Airfarewatchdog.com has a promo code for Aer Lingus this week. I'm not sure what it was
wink_smile.gif
TVLEIZOO
wink_smile.gif
but I'm sure you can look it up on that website.

Now flying between anywhere in Europe to anywhere else in Europe is a complete different story. Often with 15 KG luggage limits, severe overage charges, charges for just smiling wrong and a cattle prod to get you to the seat on some of the discount airlines. I've seen people walking in with four sets of clothing to avoid having to pay for checked luggage. Ryanair being the most infamous for flying you to an airport that isn't even close to where you thought that you were going (like Beauvais instead of Paris CDG or Orly)..
BTW, Airfarewatchdog.com has a promo code for Aer Lingus this week. I'm not sure what it was
wink_smile.gif
TVLEIZOO
wink_smile.gif
but I'm sure you can look it up on that website.

Have been to Scotland before, but drove up there from England. I would check some of the flight booking sites for the best rates. Have made that overseas flight 3 times in the last couple of years and wish I could afford First Class or at least an upgrade to biz class! If you can't either, bring your iPod (or ear plugs), eye mask, flight pillow, and something snuggly (airlines blankies are like paper in economy class).
regular_smile.gif

Back