Bouncing dates in RezKey

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I need to ask this and see if anyone else is having the issue, I think I know what is happening and will email John after this.
Guests are booking online then they call and say "I put in the right dates, but then it shows different dates were reserved"
I have seen it a few times, and my theory is that when we have a two night min, and they try to get one of the nights, like the situation that just happened, they are getting dates skewiffed and then keep on reserving the room with the wrong dates.
If you have had this happen, please reiterate here. That is all I can think of that is happening, may be something else of course.

I wondered if it is the calendar feature - booking using the calendar.
I just used the calendar to book Oct 18 and 19, and on the screen it shows Oct 16 and 17! Is it a calendar issue or a reservation system overall issue? I am going to have to not allow use of the calendar, that was my first thought. I will have to see what the heck is going on, this is NOT ON.

UPDATE
I went back and did it from the normal method, not using the calendar to click on the dates and it worked correctly. I am disabling the calendar feature now.

JB, this happened to a guest of mine a few weeks ago, I just never pinned it to the calendar being the issue. Thanks for sniffing it out. Will go remove calendar view now.

I just used the calendar to book Oct 18 and 19, and on the screen it shows Oct 16 and 17! Is it a calendar issue or a reservation system overall issue? I am going to have to not allow use of the calendar, that was my first thought. I will have to see what the heck is going on, this is NOT ON..
JB, are you saying that when you click on the calendar Oct 18 & 19 that the booking column says 16 & 17 OR when you get through the whole booking process that the end reservation says 16 & 17?
I'm clicking on my calender view and it's showing the accurate dates in the right column, but I haven't gone through the entire process to actually book it.

I just used the calendar to book Oct 18 and 19, and on the screen it shows Oct 16 and 17! Is it a calendar issue or a reservation system overall issue? I am going to have to not allow use of the calendar, that was my first thought. I will have to see what the heck is going on, this is NOT ON..
JB, are you saying that when you click on the calendar Oct 18 & 19 that the booking column says 16 & 17 OR when you get through the whole booking process that the end reservation says 16 & 17?
I'm clicking on my calender view and it's showing the accurate dates in the right column, but I haven't gone through the entire process to actually book it.
Breakfast Diva said:
You won't see this unless you do a test booking.

Back