Boy! Do I need HELP!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Either I have lost my marbles or am TOTALLY bored because I actually made an appointment - and worse, kept it - with the dreaded ironing board tonight. I ironed 10 pairs of pillowcases plus a bunch of napkins and dresser scarves! 5 more pillowcases (have to track down that oddball - must have been in the Extra pillows drawer) and more napkins/dresser scarves and i will be all caught up and ready for the season! Would have4 finished them but my knees gave out and it is almost time for Chapel duty. DANG! I am soooo proud of me! Pin a rose on ME!

I'm not sure which it is, bored or loss of marbles, but I've found ironing bed linens a total waste of time. I lay them over the bed half-dried, slightly damp, smooth out the wrinkles with my hand, and when they dry, they are like they were ironed with starch. Then, I make the bed. The damp sheets fully dry in just a couple of hours. I swear....they are completely wrinkle free and crisp!!!! I will never iron sheets, and no one will ever know I didn't!
That's a trick I learned from those stews who are responsible for the linens in the mega-yacht industry. It really works!
As for table linens, I DO iron those (not the table cloths - they are treated like sheets and pillowcases with the damp-dry method). Bravo to you for doing all of those. I know how much I hate to iron!

You're like the fella that received a humility medal then had it taken away when he started wearing it.
wink_smile.gif

It feels good to get caught up. I'm trying to do that with all the equipment maintenance, repairs etc. around here. Just don't have that many good outside days. When we DO have them, I don't feel like it.

I'm not sure which it is, bored or loss of marbles, but I've found ironing bed linens a total waste of time. I lay them over the bed half-dried, slightly damp, smooth out the wrinkles with my hand, and when they dry, they are like they were ironed with starch. Then, I make the bed. The damp sheets fully dry in just a couple of hours. I swear....they are completely wrinkle free and crisp!!!! I will never iron sheets, and no one will ever know I didn't!
That's a trick I learned from those stews who are responsible for the linens in the mega-yacht industry. It really works!
As for table linens, I DO iron those (not the table cloths - they are treated like sheets and pillowcases with the damp-dry method). Bravo to you for doing all of those. I know how much I hate to iron!.
ONLY pillowcases!!! If someone wants ironed sheets, I will look up the number of the Greenbrier.

You got that right Gillum-we dont iron sheets and wont, pillow cases yes and napkins. Found that a piece of cut glass for the dinning room tables save a bunch on washing table cloths...
Good for you, love it when we are all cought up and can relax.

You got that right Gillum-we dont iron sheets and wont, pillow cases yes and napkins. Found that a piece of cut glass for the dinning room tables save a bunch on washing table cloths...
Good for you, love it when we are all cought up and can relax..
I back-slid today. Took the board down so DH could get to something. Maybe tomorrow.....

You think you need help ???
I'm the really sick one. DH is out of state and yesterday I was actually looking forward to getting all the ironing out of the way while watching a few movies I'd saved that he wasn't interested in. So I poured a G&T, ironed, watched my movies, saw the laundry basket of sheets etc transform into a nice, crisp, tower and then made a curry (something else DH doesn't share my passion for).

I did a ton of ironing yesterday as DH and I were starting to run out of clothes and one of the rabbits was nearly squash by it. That's the time to tackle it.

Back