Branding your B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBBBoB

Reaction score
We just recieved our Logo shirts that we would were going to wear at various events etc.They were sitting on the counter and the guests remarked " How much are the shirts?" Now we are down 2 shirts and had never anticipated to sell them. Does any one find requests for the shirts? etc. What items have you found to Brand your B&B. We are also using a service "Send out Cards" to send thank you notes. The cards have the Logo on them as well as a personalized note.
Thanks
Bill
www.mckinnonsbb.com

Everything we use has our logo on it: Thank You cards, business cards, emails, advertising, door magnets, soon-to-be polo shirts. However, I don't think that we'll be getting into selling shirts and coffee mugs. I can't believe that anyone would want anything from here. Am I being naive?

Everything we use has our logo on it: Thank You cards, business cards, emails, advertising, door magnets, soon-to-be polo shirts. However, I don't think that we'll be getting into selling shirts and coffee mugs. I can't believe that anyone would want anything from here. Am I being naive?.
I can't believe that anyone would want anything from here. Am I being naive?
YES!!

I have T-shirts, polo shirts, lunch bags, did have cups made by a WV potter till I sold out and he sis not get more made. Oh, also had aprons - sold out. I get my "stuff" printed by the local Sheltered Workshop - price is excellent and so is the quality of the work. The potter is a different vendoe - everything is hand thrown so no 2 are exactly alike. Yes, if people enjoyed themselves they want a memory to take with. OR they need a gift for the plant waterer or baby sitter or grandma.... I also printed my own cookbook and it sold out. (Will do it again if I ever get time to re-enter it into the computer. It went when the C-drive crashed and burned!)

We sell coffee mugs, aprons - each one different, our special roasted coffee beans, cook books, dish wash cloths. The aprons and dish cloths hand made by past guests, local to us.

Tourists will buy mommentos...refrigerator magnets are very popular

Everything we have is branded. Not for sale, but in the rooms & common areas are pens (they are free to take one), scratch pads, soaps & lotions. We also wear polo shirts with our logo when we're working.
For sale: aprons, t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, our home roasted coffee beans, lotions, bubble bath, rose water, cookbook, postcards. I also have refrigerator magnets and magnetic calendars to give out as a little thank you to some return guests. Also, if guests have returned several times, I will put together a little "thank you" package together that has a mug, cookbook, scratchpad, magnet, etc. It shows we appreciate them returning and it's a great reminder to them when they're home looking at these things in their house, to come back and stay with us.

Everything we have is branded. Not for sale, but in the rooms & common areas are pens (they are free to take one), scratch pads, soaps & lotions. We also wear polo shirts with our logo when we're working.
For sale: aprons, t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, our home roasted coffee beans, lotions, bubble bath, rose water, cookbook, postcards. I also have refrigerator magnets and magnetic calendars to give out as a little thank you to some return guests. Also, if guests have returned several times, I will put together a little "thank you" package together that has a mug, cookbook, scratchpad, magnet, etc. It shows we appreciate them returning and it's a great reminder to them when they're home looking at these things in their house, to come back and stay with us..
You have your own cook book?.....very nice
Selling logo'd items is revenue
I'd think a t-shirt saying "I survived (such and such) B&B" would be interesting

For sale: aprons, t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, our home roasted coffee beans, lotions, bubble bath, rose water, cookbook, postcards. I also have refrigerator magnets and magnetic calendars to give out as a little thank you to some return guests. Also, if guests have returned several times, I will put together a little "thank you" package together that has a mug, cookbook, scratchpad, magnet, etc. It shows we appreciate them returning and it's a great reminder to them when they're home looking at these things in their house, to come back and stay with us..
I'd think a t-shirt saying "I survived (such and such) B&B" would be interesting
One Day said:
It's a handmade cook book which the guests love. I've got about 60 recipes and use a postcard with our illistration of the house as both the front and back cover. Guests love it. I sell it for $6.00
You might want to do a search on a thread we had here a few weeks ago about selling products...some interesting pros and cons. Never do a hard sell for the items. Just let them sell themselves.
Hmmm.....can't say I agree with your t-shirt idea!!
wow.gif

John - here is one (I should have bought this tshirt!)
Locals joke that Paint Bank, Virginia, is three miles past the end of the world, and a T-shirt sold at the General Store proclaims, “I survived Route 311 to Paint Bank, Virginia.”
Truth is, many travelers pass the little community by, hell-bent for the swanky Greenbrier Resort across the state line in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. After book interviews in Roanoke, Virginia, we were intent on pursuing the day’s agenda of planned stops. That is, until we came upon the angular architecture of Humphreys Chapel United Methodist Church in Paint Bank. And across the street a set of rusting Gulf Super No-Nox gasoline pumps. And a strapping St. Bernard dog in a pickup truck at the Paint Bank General Store.
We knew nothing of the history of Paint Bank, but Mikell Ellison gave us a detailed lesson. She runs a bed and breakfast in the old train depot and oversees the Swinging Bridge, a restaurant in the back of the general store with floors made of wormy Virginia red oak.

cool.....
The small overlooked towns are some of the most interesting.....stopping for a bit while driving....bathroom break, grab a soda.
I remember some interesting locations while driving from Cairns to Sydney.....and throughout the North Island of New Zealand.....some of these locations come mind.....Geez there are so many little towns and villages that I found very charming during my travels
I remember one.....in Australia.....we had stopped for lunch....was told they couldn't prepare anything. They were waiting for the power to come back on......We waited 4 hours......think we needed gas to..........actualy it was the best 4 hours I spent waiting.......met almost all the locals.....and it turned into a heck of a party....didn't want to leave
Now I remember.......we needed gas.......and the gas delivery was late.
I had so much fun during the stop....I tell ya.....those people were the most friendly......and FUN!

cool.....
The small overlooked towns are some of the most interesting.....stopping for a bit while driving....bathroom break, grab a soda.
I remember some interesting locations while driving from Cairns to Sydney.....and throughout the North Island of New Zealand.....some of these locations come mind.....Geez there are so many little towns and villages that I found very charming during my travels
I remember one.....in Australia.....we had stopped for lunch....was told they couldn't prepare anything. They were waiting for the power to come back on......We waited 4 hours......think we needed gas to..........actualy it was the best 4 hours I spent waiting.......met almost all the locals.....and it turned into a heck of a party....didn't want to leave
I had so much fun during the stop....I tell ya.....those people were the most friendly......and FUN!.
One Day said:
cool.....
I had so much fun during the stop....I tell ya.....those people were the most friendly......and FUN!
You drove from Cairns to Sydney? Holy cow. Yes in Australia there is not a Mickey Dee's or Hardy's at the start of every small town like in the USA or big beautiful truck stops with available toilets. You really have to work hard to find a place. A pub is always open though.
cheers.gif

DH was born on the North Island NZ. His parents live there again, they were in Oz on and off for 40 years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaGJFvLWDmk

Everything we use has our logo on it: Thank You cards, business cards, emails, advertising, door magnets, soon-to-be polo shirts. However, I don't think that we'll be getting into selling shirts and coffee mugs. I can't believe that anyone would want anything from here. Am I being naive?.
Definately Negative!!!
I live in a very rural area...nothing, no cinema, McDonalds, Walmart...nothing..
Yet people love our mugs.......
Try them, you will like them :)

Thanks so much every on for the info. We were certainly surprised with the interest that guests show in everyones offerings.
Bill
www.mckinnonsbb.com

Hi Bill,
I just posted about using Send Out Cards. Read my post here: https://www.innspiring.com/node/4572
Try putting their photos on the cards too. Did you send their brownies yet? They are incredible!
Jenny.
You sent guests brownies??? why? That seems like a little extreme to me. I don't know of any guest I would take the time to send brownies much less the expense of it. Sorry:-(

Hi Bill,
I just posted about using Send Out Cards. Read my post here: https://www.innspiring.com/node/4572
Try putting their photos on the cards too. Did you send their brownies yet? They are incredible!
Jenny.
Innkeeping said:
Hi Bill,
Jenny
Please stop posting on every thread you can with your pitch. You seem quite capable online, even though you feign to be new at this internet stuff. To be able to add an avatar is not beginner stuff. One thing I hate are liars! If you can post your product on one thread and be done with it, you might get some interest.

Edited: OK, now I am suspicious and dubious about this poster.
I treated my guests well and did all I could to make them feel welcome. As I said, I always sent thank you's but that is a far as it went. I just did not have the time nor inclination to do this sort of thing. If someone wanted to come back to stay with us, that is great, but I never went out of my way to do things to "lure" them back. IF they were satisfied with their stay with us and came back, that was great, if not, that was fine too.
I am sure others will share their feelings, but I for one am not spending money on a card when I can just send an email.

Back