Bread Machines

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inncogneeto

Reaction score
Anyone use one? Have any good recipes? Mine is a few years old, and the recipes are really just the very basic of basic...Are the recipes for these machines pretty adaptable to any machine?
Thanks!
regular_smile.gif

I am a bread baking machine today! But not yeast bread...I'm making more of the squash-zucchini bread before the squash goes bad. Poor hubs wants to know where it's all going to go.
Personally, I don't like the taste of bread machine bread. And that may be something to do with our machine. It always tastes somewhat like machine oil. If you have a sewing machine or hair trimmer, you know the oil I mean.

I am a bread baking machine today! But not yeast bread...I'm making more of the squash-zucchini bread before the squash goes bad. Poor hubs wants to know where it's all going to go.
Personally, I don't like the taste of bread machine bread. And that may be something to do with our machine. It always tastes somewhat like machine oil. If you have a sewing machine or hair trimmer, you know the oil I mean..
I don't like a loaf of bread that has a hole in the bottom of it every time...but, I pulled it out, thought I'd dust it off and see if it could be useful...maybe they've improved them these days... Otherwise...it'll be going to the Goodwill...
I did find this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Clone-of-a-Cinnabon/Detail.aspx using a bread machine...looks yummy!

I just usually use it to mix my doughs and the I shape and bake in the oven

I've found that I make better breads with my hands than the bread machine does. So, I gave my machine away. The loaves weren't pretty and presentation (as well as taste) is a big deal in my business.

I just usually use it to mix my doughs and the I shape and bake in the oven.
catlady said:
I just usually use it to mix my doughs and the I shape and bake in the oven
Ditto for me. While I enjoy kneading bread dough, I don't often have the time to be tied to the kitchen for the whole mix-rise-knead-rise process. My bread machine has a Dough cycle so it does all that then stops. I shape by hand and bake in the oven in regular loaf pans or free-form. Tastes no different than if I did it all unplugged.

Lost my machine in the divorce. But I make it with my mixer. I let it do most of the kneading for me, finish it up myself.
I make bread the day before as I only use it for toast. Still fresh home made. ;) I usually end up making a loaf every day unless it is pancakes or waffles the next day, then I get a day off.

Lost my machine in the divorce. But I make it with my mixer. I let it do most of the kneading for me, finish it up myself.
I make bread the day before as I only use it for toast. Still fresh home made. ;) I usually end up making a loaf every day unless it is pancakes or waffles the next day, then I get a day off..
Cathy said:
Lost my machine in the divorce.
I lost my mind, but it came back of its own accord...
wink_smile.gif

I have several breads that are mix let rise for about 15 minutes, beat down and put in pans - English muffin bread which is a big hit for breakfasts and the herb bread that has people waiting for it at the Farmer's market. Each one needs about 15 minutes in the pans and it is ready to bake.
Cathy, I make my French bread for dinners - 1 loaf for the guest's dinner and the other loaf is their bread pudding for breakfast the next morning.
When making my white bread, I knead it nd set it to raise while I do other things and come back to do the shaping of the loaves and raise in the pan for baking while again doing someing else.
Kneading bread is where I get rid of my frustrations. Works wonders!

I have several breads that are mix let rise for about 15 minutes, beat down and put in pans - English muffin bread which is a big hit for breakfasts and the herb bread that has people waiting for it at the Farmer's market. Each one needs about 15 minutes in the pans and it is ready to bake.
Cathy, I make my French bread for dinners - 1 loaf for the guest's dinner and the other loaf is their bread pudding for breakfast the next morning.
When making my white bread, I knead it nd set it to raise while I do other things and come back to do the shaping of the loaves and raise in the pan for baking while again doing someing else.
Kneading bread is where I get rid of my frustrations. Works wonders!.
Would love to have a copy of your bread recipes if you would be so kind as to share.
First time for me making brown bread yesterday .. finally got some molasses that someone imported for me. Will look for other recipes now.
Are you in the kitchen all day. Breakfast and dinner? You do afternoon "snacks" as well right?
My french bread recipe is easy to make and in this heat can be done in about 1 1/2 hours, but still not thinking I want to get up any earlier to make bread. It is good toasted day after.
We are taking guests to the airport today (we charge the going rate for this trip) so I won't be able to make fresh bread for tomorrow. I am thinking 2 day old bread for toast will be ok.

Would love to have a copy of your bread recipes if you would be so kind as to share.
First time for me making brown bread yesterday .. finally got some molasses that someone imported for me. Will look for other recipes now.
Are you in the kitchen all day. Breakfast and dinner? You do afternoon "snacks" as well right?
My french bread recipe is easy to make and in this heat can be done in about 1 1/2 hours, but still not thinking I want to get up any earlier to make bread. It is good toasted day after.
We are taking guests to the airport today (we charge the going rate for this trip) so I won't be able to make fresh bread for tomorrow. I am thinking 2 day old bread for toast will be ok.
Use the 2-day old bread to make either bread pudding or french toast. No one will know the difference - actually it will be better than fresh bread in either recipe, as long as it is not penicillen in the raw.
Will post the breads.

Use the 2-day old bread to make either bread pudding or french toast. No one will know the difference - actually it will be better than fresh bread in either recipe, as long as it is not penicillen in the raw.
Will post the breads.
Thank you. I am looking forward to trying them after we get back from our 2 days off.
We are taking a 2 day holiday to re-group and if we leave the city, we will not take any last minute bookings. Just going to Puebla which is less than a 2 hour drive. Talavera pottery anyone??

Will post the breads.
Thank you. I am looking forward to trying them after we get back from our 2 days off.
We are taking a 2 day holiday to re-group and if we leave the city, we will not take any last minute bookings. Just going to Puebla which is less than a 2 hour drive. Talavera pottery anyone??
Me! ME!

Will post the breads.
Me! ME!
OK will try to remember to take some pics of the purchases and send them to you so you can choose. We are going for small serving bowls and maybe a plate or two.
Any special request?

Will post the breads.
gillumhouse said:
Use the 2-day old bread to make either bread pudding or french toast.
'Pain perdu' - lost bread. That's what I serve when I have French guests. Mostly because a teen this summer was sick to death of everything here being 'French-this' and 'French-that' and none of it is French! Hubs told her we only name the good stuff 'French'. That gave her something to think about.

Will post the breads.
gillumhouse said:
'Pain perdu' - lost bread. That's what I serve when I have French guests. Mostly because a teen this summer was sick to death of everything here being 'French-this' and 'French-that' and none of it is French! Hubs told her we only name the good stuff 'French'. That gave her something to think about.
That's like the Canadian's, who when presented with Canadian bacon, said "That's Canadian Bacon? We've never had it before!" DH said, that's because in Canada, it's just called bacon.

Will post the breads.
Me! ME!
OK will try to remember to take some pics of the purchases and send them to you so you can choose. We are going for small serving bowls and maybe a plate or two.
Any special request?
You are so sweet! No, I can't buy goodies right now, but thanks!!! I've always wanted one of those ceramic suns/moons...We had a beautiful Talavera tile dining table, that my dad made, with tiles my parents got on a trip to Guadalajara, when I was a kid... It was so pretty, wish I had it today! My mom used to collect those little terra cotta mexican owls and doves...

Will post the breads.
gillumhouse said:
That's like the Canadian's, who when presented with Canadian bacon, said "That's Canadian Bacon? We've never had it before!" DH said, that's because in Canada, it's just called bacon.
inncogneeto said:
Is it? I would like to know the answer to this, thanks for bringing it up. For all things trivial I have to know now. Can our Neighbors to the North clarify please?
Is what we call "Canadian Bacon" your bacon? Or is that just the name we Yanks have given it? There are a ton of things like this (which I cannot think of right now of course) that are called something - FRENCH TOAST - French people do not eat this and they want to know why we call it this.
FOSTER's the beer of Australia - which was an Export only and advertised to American's as the beer of Australia, which Aussie's don't drink. They drink Tooehy's or VB or one of the other beers popular there.
Bacon in Australia are RASHERS. There is a small section of it which would be called the Canadian Bacon. But what I find here in the states is the Canadian Bacon is HAM. Not bacon at all.
Let's clarify the sit-chee-ashun.

Back