Breakfast - anything different?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did ramps this year while I could get them at the farmer's market - only three or four weeks, though. Sauteed in ghee and then added to omelets or a crustless quiche. People were excited to try them because they were on some of the local restaurant menus as well. This year's crop was pretty smelly but mild-tasting - or else I'm getting used to them. I made a ramp butter for us one night - with anchovies and red pepper flakes. Crazy sounding recipe but it was pretty good!

We serve linguisa and sometimes chourico as a side to highlight the Portuguese population that historically were a big part of this seaside fishing community. If eeryone at the table eats meat we sometimes incorporate the sausage into a frittata or omlet..
I LOVE linguisa. If I ate it at your place it would bring back wonderful childhood memories for me. We used to eat linguisa, a fried egg and fried banana for breakfast several times a year. My maternal side of the family is Portugese.
Unfortunately, I can't get any quality linguisa where I live.
cry_smile.gif

Ahh, that's too bad. We have our pick of several different types, some better than other but all make a great kale soup. You'll have to come visit in your "spare time"! LOL

Lactose free, gluten free and no nuts or eggs??!!
omg_smile.gif
OMG! I would have gone crazy trying to figure out what to fix them for more than a day..
I was going to make GF cornbread and a spinach/potato bake for them for this morning - but they only stayed one night after all. The lactose/eggs really is not as bad as it sounds - it was the GF thrown in that was the OH BOY!. I used soy milk (but water also works) for the milk and in cooking, use 2 tablespoons of water for each egg. I just added 2 tablespoons more soy milk. He wanted to check the oats to be certain (if I did not mind) and I said sure - they are Bo b's R ed M ill and then it was OK, he did not need to check them.

burgers for breakfast! ~ usually with cheese
with or without an egg or two
this happened because i was doing atkins (low carb) and people smelled the ground beef cooking and wanted some
so i made up little burgers like the size of large sausage patties
they could go nuts with bacon as well --- with or without a biscuit
mine was egg, burger and cheese - sometimes ground turkey, sometimes ground pork/beef

In between thunderstorms I went out today in the 100% humidity to get these photos which I have been waiting til spring to take. This is when you need a lacky to help and I didn't have one! Oh well, I got a few and as I mentioned to some innmates, none of the photos did it justice, so I did tweak the top few images. But I want people to love this space! (If you wait a moment the last photo at the bottom of the page will load)
The red picnic tablecloth really goes with the theme of this room, which is whimsical and Americana. I didn't change out all the dishes etc to get the right colors, so this is what I got. It is pouring down and thundering out there again...bye :)

We sometimes offer bagels, cream cheese and home made gravlax. We sometimes make small dutch pancakes. I make a lovely sandwich with bacon marmalade (bacon jam, if you prefer, onions... not oranges). When in season, omelets with fiddleheads, omelets with scape and omelets with chive flowers.

burgers for breakfast! ~ usually with cheese
with or without an egg or two
this happened because i was doing atkins (low carb) and people smelled the ground beef cooking and wanted some
so i made up little burgers like the size of large sausage patties
they could go nuts with bacon as well --- with or without a biscuit
mine was egg, burger and cheese - sometimes ground turkey, sometimes ground pork/beef.
I was going through some breakfast pics on Tumblr today and started daydreaming about a yummy breakfast burger that would have a hand-pressed sausage patty instead of beef. Whatcha think?

How about serving a Hangtown Fry? Easy to make and very different. Prepare 3 eggs scrambled in an omlet pan and just before you are ready to fold shuck 6 oysters onto the eggs, fold and serve. The eggs a warm and the oysters are still cool (and raw of course). A great meal with a side of grits, crispy bacon or scrapple and whole jelled cranberries..
Would you ask your guests ahead of time if they would like this in the morning? Personally, I don't like oysters and the thought of a "cool and raw" oyster in my eggs makes me wanna vomit... sorry. I'm sure oyster lovers would really enjoy it.

In between thunderstorms I went out today in the 100% humidity to get these photos which I have been waiting til spring to take. This is when you need a lacky to help and I didn't have one! Oh well, I got a few and as I mentioned to some innmates, none of the photos did it justice, so I did tweak the top few images. But I want people to love this space! (If you wait a moment the last photo at the bottom of the page will load)
The red picnic tablecloth really goes with the theme of this room, which is whimsical and Americana. I didn't change out all the dishes etc to get the right colors, so this is what I got. It is pouring down and thundering out there again...bye :).
Neat space! I love your coffee carafe, too!

Back