Breakfast at 7?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie Q

Reaction score
OK, gotta vent with SOMEONE! This single young woman is staying for several days. She wanted breakfast at 7 AM. I get up at 6. I time it so the main dish comes out at 7:15, being in there 25 minutes. 7:25, still no sign of her, but I know she's been up for 30 minutes or more. She walks out at 7:35, all primped and says, maybe I'll just take it with me...! OK, how do you take a 3 course breakfast WITH you? I told her I would give her a zip lock bag for the main entree if she wished. She said, OK and walked out the door. BURN!

So, tomorrow you make something that is easy to put in a baggie and hand it to her and tell her to have a good day!
It always helps if someone apologizes when they have obviously not kept up their end. But not everyone has manners.
Our biz guy overslept for the first time ever. He was mortified. He asks for an early breakfast and there we were waiting. Other guests were already seated and he is usually gone before anyone else gets up. He apologized.

That is sooooo rude. That's a perfect example of why I refuse to vary my breakfast times. I've been burned more often than not. If they want an early breakfast, I'll put a continental in their fridge the night before. I even now have it posted on my website. We don't get business travelers, so it's usually folks who are 1 nighters who just have to see the whole state in 4 days. Doh!

That is sooooo rude. That's a perfect example of why I refuse to vary my breakfast times. I've been burned more often than not. If they want an early breakfast, I'll put a continental in their fridge the night before. I even now have it posted on my website. We don't get business travelers, so it's usually folks who are 1 nighters who just have to see the whole state in 4 days. Doh!.
BD, hijacking here, but what do you serve for the continental?

Sorry this happened to you...always a bummer when you knock yourself out to make a lovely breakfast and they want to bolt out the door.
Maybe you can ask if she'd prefer a to-go continental for the rest of her stay? I had to mix it up sometimes for my biz travelers and also prepare something earlier than usual and as long as I knew ahead of time, that was OK by me. But, I had a lot of biz travelers.

That is sooooo rude. That's a perfect example of why I refuse to vary my breakfast times. I've been burned more often than not. If they want an early breakfast, I'll put a continental in their fridge the night before. I even now have it posted on my website. We don't get business travelers, so it's usually folks who are 1 nighters who just have to see the whole state in 4 days. Doh!.
BD, hijacking here, but what do you serve for the continental?
Each of our rooms has a mini fridge and the night before, usually when they're at dinner, I'll put in yogurt, fruit, my homemade granola, milk, juice and a fresh baked goodie. All of that is plated. If I know they want to take it with them, I'll give them some fruit that's whole, like a banana, apple, etc, and I make up a breakfast sandwich on a croissant that's good hot or cold.
We have a beverage area where they can get coffee, choc & tea any time. Also there are individually wrapped biscotti and my cookies for those early risers who just have to have something in their stomach before breakfast is served. That usually holds those folks who are dealing with a time change and choose to have the hot breakfast.

Back