Breakfast Banana Split

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I really like the presentation on this...

RepinLike
[COLOR= rgb(33, 25, 34)]Breakfast banana split - Greek yogurt, bananas, warm jam, berries.[/COLOR]

That does look good - I've pinned it for later use. You could also drizzle a little pomegrante molasses on that. I have to say that I love the Cabot vanilla bean greek yogurt. It's a little hard to find but it is good.

I have done a breakfast banan spilt with a half of a banana in the bottom of one of Granny's banana boats (I have them in both clear and amber) and honeydew and canteloupe balls with mango or strawberries - whatever other fruit in house and a maraschino chery on top. They always go over nicely.

That does look good - I've pinned it for later use. You could also drizzle a little pomegrante molasses on that. I have to say that I love the Cabot vanilla bean greek yogurt. It's a little hard to find but it is good..
muirford said:
That does look good - I've pinned it for later use. You could also drizzle a little pomegrante molasses on that. I have to say that I love the Cabot vanilla bean greek yogurt. It's a little hard to find but it is good.
I had that at your place, I DO LOVE IT! I can't seem to find it here. I would use the plain for the photo, but definately a vanilla or strawberry (blended) for guests! I grabbed grape as well, better with raspberry or any combo.
TASTES GREAT!
PS Also for guests you might want to put some muesli or granola underneath it, not sure yet on that, could just make it all smooth...

This one I definitely will use. It doesn't get much easier..the ingredients are staples in our kitchen and the presentation is lovely.

That does look good - I've pinned it for later use. You could also drizzle a little pomegrante molasses on that. I have to say that I love the Cabot vanilla bean greek yogurt. It's a little hard to find but it is good..
I like the photo of yours, Jeanne, that I saw through facebook. Looked yummy!

Wow, I can't thank JB enough for posting this breakfast idea - it has been a big hit here and is now in permanent rotation!
I use 1/2 banana per person (I think my plates are a little smaller than the original), fresh pineapple chunks and two kinds of berries, depending on what I can get. The banana is sliced lengthwise, a dollop of greek yogurt (I have used plain and vanilla), pineapple and berries on top, sprinkled with a little homemade granola and drizzled with the pomegrante molasses. I don't think anyone has left a morsel on their plate yet.
I serve it with my sweet entrees (baked french toast or waffles) to add a little protein into the mix. One side benefit is that I don't need to buy as much fruit - bananas are always available and I use fewer berries than with my fruit cup, so I am cutting down on expenses as well. Yay!

I should have waited, I have all of these ingred's right now and need an afternoon snack, I might try this! Edited: I made them, super quick see below...
Looking at it now I see it is a small bowl, I used a plate and although I do use the same brand yoghurt (Fage) I had a vanilla organic Greek yoghurt I used for guests this week.

Wow, I can't thank JB enough for posting this breakfast idea - it has been a big hit here and is now in permanent rotation!
I use 1/2 banana per person (I think my plates are a little smaller than the original), fresh pineapple chunks and two kinds of berries, depending on what I can get. The banana is sliced lengthwise, a dollop of greek yogurt (I have used plain and vanilla), pineapple and berries on top, sprinkled with a little homemade granola and drizzled with the pomegrante molasses. I don't think anyone has left a morsel on their plate yet.
I serve it with my sweet entrees (baked french toast or waffles) to add a little protein into the mix. One side benefit is that I don't need to buy as much fruit - bananas are always available and I use fewer berries than with my fruit cup, so I am cutting down on expenses as well. Yay!.
We're looking at this for tomorrow. Great ideas are here!

I serve it with my sweet entrees (baked french toast or waffles) to add a little protein into the mix. One side benefit is that I don't need to buy as much fruit - bananas are always available and I use fewer berries than with my fruit cup, so I am cutting down on expenses as well. Yay!.
We're looking at this for tomorrow. Great ideas are here!
In a nuthshell this is what I served today (the ingredients) and I forgot about the split idea, I could have done it like this! Same ingredients.

Do you make your own pomegrante molasses? Or buy it? I found this recipe on line. Seems real easy to make. How does it taste?
4 cups pomegranate juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
In a large, uncovered saucepan, heat pomegranate juice, sugar, and lemon juice on medium high until the sugar has dissolved and the juice simmers. Reduce heat just enough to maintain a simmer. Simmer for about an hour, or until the juice has a syrupy consistency, and has reduced to 1 to 1 1/4 cups. Pour out into a jar. Let cool. Store chilled in the refrigerator.
[h2]

[/h2]

Do you make your own pomegrante molasses? Or buy it? I found this recipe on line. Seems real easy to make. How does it taste?
4 cups pomegranate juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
In a large, uncovered saucepan, heat pomegranate juice, sugar, and lemon juice on medium high until the sugar has dissolved and the juice simmers. Reduce heat just enough to maintain a simmer. Simmer for about an hour, or until the juice has a syrupy consistency, and has reduced to 1 to 1 1/4 cups. Pour out into a jar. Let cool. Store chilled in the refrigerator.
[h2]

[/h2]
catlady said:
I have been able to find it at Wegman's; if I happen upon an Indian or Asian grocery, they often have it too. But those are the ingredients listed on the jar. It's tart but a little sweet; citrusy, maybe.

We've had this several times for ourselves, not yet for guests. I slightly heated up some cherry preserves and drizzled over the yogurt. Used whatever fruit we had. Very good. I don't know why I haven't served it to guests yet. But will soon.

I just made a mini one for myself, very good!
I'm going to make the mini ones tomorrow morning to replace the very expensive fruit cups we serve our guests.
Seems I'm always running out to buy fruit, now I won't have to. Yes thank you JB.

If you "finger" the banana you can split it into three parts. Peel the banana, insert your finger in one end and pry... a third of it will come off and the other two thirds are easily separated.
It's easy, uses less, and looks cool.
=)
Kk.

Back