Breakfast Idea to Eat and Go?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
tomorrow the bicyclers (16) will be eating early -- they have to be over at the dock to board the ferry at 6 am
i was thinking about a baked egg thing you make in muffin tins (i don't have ramekins) - i had it at an inn in new hampshire years ago - the place is no longer there. something i could have ready and serve hot - all at once - instead of made to order
today i did quiche for a whole other group - would rather not do quiche again but i can
ideas?

I was about to say the same thing, sausage egg biscuits. Or egg and cheese biscuits. Easy to grab and go and easy to foil up and send out as well.
Wait you are talking about an early morning buffet? Or for them to grab and take with?
Grab and take with you can stick a banana and apple in the bag, a little bottle of juice and the biscuit sandwich.

Egg & bacon (or sausage) burritos.
Blintzs.
Pepperoni rolls - take sticks of pepperoni and bake them in bread dough rolls. They were invented here for the miners to take as lunches.

I agree, the egg-meat-cheese on english muffins or the burritos, both are easily made ahead and re-heated in micro in just a minute. A great brekfast for on the run..

I agree, the egg-meat-cheese on english muffins or the burritos, both are easily made ahead and re-heated in micro in just a minute. A great brekfast for on the run...
meaning that they all rush in at once, all want to eat at once, all leave at the same time. about 1/2 hour ... 16 people descend on the kitchen eat and leave. some take a banana, most eat are done and leave. some try to come in the kitchen as early as 5:30.
i've never made breakfast burrito's. i wonder if the general store has any supplies. calling ........
no.
okay, so maybe bisquits
do you cook up fried eggs ahead of time? no ... how can that work?

I agree, the egg-meat-cheese on english muffins or the burritos, both are easily made ahead and re-heated in micro in just a minute. A great brekfast for on the run...
meaning that they all rush in at once, all want to eat at once, all leave at the same time. about 1/2 hour ... 16 people descend on the kitchen eat and leave. some take a banana, most eat are done and leave. some try to come in the kitchen as early as 5:30.
i've never made breakfast burrito's. i wonder if the general store has any supplies. calling ........
no.
okay, so maybe bisquits
I pop the yolk so the egg cooks hard all the way around.
You can also cheat and get the pre-made eggs perfect for bisquits, like they have at Mc D's. They are real eggs and taste great. I used to use them when I had my internet cafe. Add a sausage patty, a slice of cheese, freeze or microwave for a minute.
I always have some mad ahead and frozen, just in case...

no.
okay, so maybe bisquits
seashanty said:
no.
okay, so maybe bisquits
I would make them all in advance, wrap them in tin foil and pop them in a 170 degree oven to hold. The steam should keep them moist. (I'm talking about making the egg & sausage on a biscuit or english muffin.)

I know it's probably too late now...
Eons ago when I worked breakfast at Hardee's we made our eggs by beating up several dozen. Pour a ladle full onto the griddle so it spreads out fairly thin. Let cook until it will hold together. Flip, let cook a few seconds, then fold it up into quarters. Like all good American food: fast, cheap and easy.
Bummer on the biscuits. Unless they are absolutely black, I'd use them anyway (meaning a dark golden brown is OK).
I used to get free biscuits from a friend... I'd make up sausage egg and bacon egg biscuits and freeze them. Pop them in the microwave and you're out the door.
Works great with English muffins or croissants, too (if you've got any...)
Good luck!!!
=)
Kk.

When I have to do a breakfast for a charter and it has to be "underway" while we get to a destination before the tourists do, I serve breakfast burritos that have eggs, ground chorizo, green peppers, cheese, picante, and sour cream in them. They are better when I make them the day before, wrap them in plastic wrap, and the microwave them to reheat. The tortillas are less prone to breaking once they have been made in advance, sat overnight, and microwaved in the plastic wrap. A little salsa on top is great.
These are also great for guests who need to fly out the door in a hurry and eat breakfast on the way.

good tip from bree on freezing the bisquits before cutting off the blackened bottom - too bad i cut most before doing that! but that is okay, i have enough salvageable parts, tho not as pretty as i'd like. they taste good ... a bit crumbly but i am not a great bisquit maker (true confession)
so i am making 'sea bisquits' .... egg, sausage and bisquit ... the sausage patties are ready, the bisquits are obviously 'ready' now to cook up a vat of eggs i guess.
regular_smile.gif
thank you all for your suggestions.

Biscuits need to be fresh or they get spongy nuking them. That is what I would be worried about. Better off making a new batch.

Biscuits need to be fresh or they get spongy nuking them. That is what I would be worried about. Better off making a new batch..
i didn't nuke them
served them barely warmed in 175 oven for just a few minutes
no flour left to make new ones today ...
i served the eggs and sausage patty on a plate beside the bisquit. they gorged on all the flavors of jam and preserves i have.
guests were happy, ate it all.
still cleaning up the mess left behind. then to start on fluffing their rooms. one i saw so far is a disaster, wet towels all over and heaps of trash, hurried showers and changes before they hustled over to the boat dock. ick.

Back