Breakfast in bed/ Room Service & Packaging

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseberry

Reaction score
Most offer Breakfast in Bed as an add on . How do you determine how much more to charge for the service?

What's your time and effort worth? Consider if you have other guests to attend to but have to be running back and forth with the BinB trays, etc.
Find out what other places in the big city nearby charge. Also consider what you may have to purchase to do this...trays, coffee 'thermos', tables for the room (you really don't want them eating in bed). You should at least recapture that outlay.

What's your time and effort worth? Consider if you have other guests to attend to but have to be running back and forth with the BinB trays, etc.
Find out what other places in the big city nearby charge. Also consider what you may have to purchase to do this...trays, coffee 'thermos', tables for the room (you really don't want them eating in bed). You should at least recapture that outlay..
Thanks Bree,
I don't think anyone locally offers it.
I will have to think about it.

Find out what other places in the big city nearby charge. Also consider what you may have to purchase to do this...trays, coffee 'thermos', tables for the room (you really don't want them eating in bed). You should at least recapture that outlay..
Thanks Bree,
Mooseberry Inn said:
Thanks Bree,
If no one else offers it, you are in great shape! It'll be a real draw. So, what would YOU pay for BinB somewhere? Then add $5!

I charge $10 for the delivery to their door. Many people think that is $10 per person even tho I have it spelled out. They think it is a bargain and love it. It is some extra pocket change for moi. No Bree, running back and forth - it is not room service. Get it all on the tray/basket and deliver it, you won't see the guests til check out.
Keep us posted on how it turns out. Last year was the first year I did it I think, and now I can't recall but I made a couple hundred on it, I make up the food anyway,I just put the plates and the setting in a large basket instead. Super easy.

I offer breakfast in two of the rooms here. Guests have the option of coming into the main dining room. I prefer guests using the dining room. The two rooms are set up with a table and chairs which make it easy to do. I don't recommend them eating in bed because they spill food on the bedding sometimes. I load up a tray with the 4 courses and orange juice and set up their table with place mats, silverware and the food. If they want coffee them I make an extra trip to carry the carafe in for them. That is all and sometimes I don't see the guests for hours. I have never charged for this but if you can then why not make a few extra bucks. Serving to the rooms can be great if you don't feel like being chatty with the guests. You just deliver it and your done for the morning.

Re Oceans post - I also only deliver to two rooms. I couldn't do more than that AND the main dining room. Also an fyi it is only the most expensive rooms. So if they want this service they need to book THOSE rooms.
wink_smile.gif

We only had 3 rooms. We didn't charge for breakfast in bed. We loved doing it. Means we didn't have to stand around talking at the breakfast table for hours:)

We only had 3 rooms. We didn't charge for breakfast in bed. We loved doing it. Means we didn't have to stand around talking at the breakfast table for hours:).
catlady said:
We only had 3 rooms. We didn't charge for breakfast in bed. We loved doing it. Means we didn't have to stand around talking at the breakfast table for hours:)
I just did that. Well it was only an hour.
teeth_smile.gif

Re Oceans post - I also only deliver to two rooms. I couldn't do more than that AND the main dining room. Also an fyi it is only the most expensive rooms. So if they want this service they need to book THOSE rooms.
wink_smile.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
Yes I am doing it the same way. The most expensive rooms have the option of breakfast in their room.

I offer it for a $10 fee (like a gratuity, so no taxes) for 1-2 people. We load up a tray & away we go. Some of our rooms have coffee makers, so we clarify that beforehand & don't schlep a carafe of coffee for those rooms. Adding the transaction in my rez system was one of the best things that I did. Before that, people would just arrive & ask for it! This way it's done ahead of time.
Sometimes the timing can be tricky with all the other rooms. Most of the time it works out very well.

I offer it for a $10 fee (like a gratuity, so no taxes) for 1-2 people. We load up a tray & away we go. Some of our rooms have coffee makers, so we clarify that beforehand & don't schlep a carafe of coffee for those rooms. Adding the transaction in my rez system was one of the best things that I did. Before that, people would just arrive & ask for it! This way it's done ahead of time.
Sometimes the timing can be tricky with all the other rooms. Most of the time it works out very well..
Adding the transaction in my rez system was one of the best things that I did
What rez system do you use?

Sometimes the timing can be tricky with all the other rooms. Most of the time it works out very well..
Adding the transaction in my rez system was one of the best things that I did
What rez system do you use?
SuperInn. Guests can order Room Service online when they make their reservations, too.

Back