Breakfast in Bed

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
Didn't know which category this goes in... guest rooms? kitchen?
Anyway, has anyone ever served breakfast in bed? Seems like I remember someone talking about having done it...
Obviously, I need to plate the food instead of doing family style... put the drinks in the glasses...
How exactly do you do it?
=)
Kk.

wasn't me.
i have left a carafe of coffee, muffins, juice, etc. with napkins pocketing silverware on a tray outside a honeymoon couple by prior request. just once.

Breakfast in the room (not bed). Without BED trays they are usually sitting in the room in chairs enjoying the meal in their robes.
I bring a tray to their door.
Coffee first. On this tray I slip the strawberries and cream or starter so I have more room on the main basket which I place on a tray table at their door later. The coffee tray is jam packed with coffee, cups, sugars, creamer, spoons and/or tea accessories.

We did breakfast in bed and thoroughly enjoyed doing it because then we could then just go on about our day. We plated everything, covered with metal dinner plate covers..like hotels use. Served on a breakfast tray and then we put a coffee tray up as well. We put it outside the door, knocked and told them it was there and they took it in their room. Never had an accident thankfully. And the guests that did it thoroughly enjoyed their meal in privacy. It worked well for us.
Here's a little picture that will give you an idea. We also had TV trays in the rooms so they could sit in a chair and put their plates on the TV tray.
breakfastInBed.jpg

I have a round folding table, we put a pretty table cloth on it. Serve plated breakfast on that. Basically the whole meal is served just like it would be in the dining room. We prearrange breakfast time, knock on the door at that time, deliver and set up breakfast, and leave. Table avoids spills in the bed and is beautiful. If I have them I might even include a vase with a rose. Wish I had a picture to share.

I didn't have time to snap the picture, but it came out great!!!!
I have two breakfast trays with legs. I set them with placemats and napkins just like I set the dining room table, and plated the food and poured the drinks--they came out beautifully! I snitched Kathleen's bell idea and gave them a bell to ring if they needed anything. I knocked at the prearranged time, brought them in to them... and I was all done. I kept waiting for the bell to ring but they not only didn't use it but they brought their trays out when they were done.
I'm not sure how I would have done it if they were coffee drinkers though, I guess I would have put the caraffe on the night stand. The round folding table sounds like a nice idea, too.
They've never stayed in a B&B before... but may never stay in a hotel again.
=)
Kk.

I have two breakfast trays with legs. I set them with placemats and napkins just like I set the dining room table, and plated the food and poured the drinks--they came out beautifully! I snitched Kathleen's bell idea and gave them a bell to ring if they needed anything. I knocked at the prearranged time, brought them in to them... and I was all done. I kept waiting for the bell to ring but they not only didn't use it but they brought their trays out when they were done.
I'm not sure how I would have done it if they were coffee drinkers though, I guess I would have put the caraffe on the night stand. The round folding table sounds like a nice idea, too.
=)
Kk..
we thought it was a great way to go...you don't have to spend time serving and talking etc. We have several trays and we put coffee pot and cups with sugars and creamers on that. Then they can help themselves. Really a nice special touch we thought...having breakfast in bed or at least in the room. I would have loved to have had space for say a little "cafe" table and 2 chairs in the room but the coffee table in front of the sofa worked very well too.

=)
Kk..
Good job! Catlady's picture is pretty much how mine looks. I just use the clear plastic microwave covers though rather than metal. This works out well for the couple of rooms that have microwaves in them if the guests don't get to their food right away. I also cover the juice & fruit with plastic wrap for transport. I have learned to do a simpler breakfast for wedding nights...they just do NOT eat a lot the next morning. This coming weekend I have an en suite breakfast in a room that doesn't have a table, so I guess I'll leave the big tray w/stand & they can figure it out. I also put a single flower in a small vase on the tray :)

We did breakfast in bed and thoroughly enjoyed doing it because then we could then just go on about our day. We plated everything, covered with metal dinner plate covers..like hotels use. Served on a breakfast tray and then we put a coffee tray up as well. We put it outside the door, knocked and told them it was there and they took it in their room. Never had an accident thankfully. And the guests that did it thoroughly enjoyed their meal in privacy. It worked well for us.
Here's a little picture that will give you an idea. We also had TV trays in the rooms so they could sit in a chair and put their plates on the TV tray.
breakfastInBed.jpg
You sure know how to impress...just looking at this made me hungry..lol
I have not yet had a request, but do have trays if they ask for it. Next week I will have a couple for their 10th aniversary ( same week as my 20th ), and I think I would like to do something for them. BF in tthe room sure would be nice if they like it.

Back