Breakfast No Shows

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, it gets better.
I tell her of two restaurants one block behind us to walk to, to stretch their legs from their time in the car and she says "Well, howz da food?" In her NY accent. I just stared at her. I then said there is a complete list on your bed if you want to get back in and drive to some nicer places. (They drove 10 1/2 hours today they said.)
I <3 NY
UPDATE: They are driving...haha I gave them a few places that will take a while so they can sit outside by the water or dance to bluegrass with people who are missing teef. :)

We always have great New Yorkers here...it is the transplants from NY to FLA back to VA that are ...trying. They are usually very old too. They want to treat me like a hillbilly since we are in rural Appalachia. Straight from NY are always fun guests.

what makes me laugh is when I used to work at an 80 bed hotel and it only had a small car park 35 spaces and people would say I can't believe you have a hotel here with no car park. "yes we do it is there at the front full of cars" was my reply you have to park on the street. Also it is the people with old bangers that make the most fuss we had a couple with a porsh (therefore could see if they made a fuss) and they were like that's fine we will just put it there in that space on the street. Another couple 10 year old toyota and you would think it was a royles royce!

The gal from NY just called "We just drove by do you have a place to park"
KILL ME NOW PLEASE.
What part of the confirmation, the sign, anything don't you read lady!
I will wait and see if she calls again, we are parked, how do we get in?.
Wow...providing parking for guests??? Now there's a novel idea..
WHAT goes through their tiny little brains???
If it's any consolation we are sitting here waiting for the last check-in, who said they'd be here at 2 pm. WHEE!
Rupert said:
If it's any consolation we are sitting here waiting for the last check-in, who said they'd be here at 2 pm. WHEE!
Our 2 PM check in showed up at 11 AM. Were told it was too early, that no, their check-in was not confirmed for 1 PM, but for 2 PM. They needed to leave something inside it was too hot in the car, they needed a bathroom. The original reason for needing an early arrival? A 4 PM wedding.
I JUST saw them walk out the front door in a wrinkled shirt & jeans for him. She had on a dress. Hmmm. Tell me again why I should bust my butt to have the room ready at 2 PM?

KILL ME NOW PLEASE.
I can just see the expression on your face! we have a sign on the front that says car park at the back and people come ring the bell and say where is the car park? we can see the sign says car park at the back but we don't know what to do? ie go round the back? LOL
I can just see the expression on your face! we have a sign on the front that says car park at the back and people come ring the bell and say where is the car park? we can see the sign says car park at the back but we don't know what to do? ie go round the back? LOL
We have the same problem. We only have two guest cottages and they are right next to each other. They each have a sign on them identifying them by name. As guest enter our compound, there is a brightly painted arrow sign that says "PARKING" directing them to their parking space. There are individual parking spaces for each cottage and each is marked with its respective sign. In their confirmation, they are told to park in front of the cottages in the parking space marked for their cottage.
90% of them drive all the way up to the house and knock on the door and ask where they're supposed to park.
It's nuts!

what makes me laugh is when I used to work at an 80 bed hotel and it only had a small car park 35 spaces and people would say I can't believe you have a hotel here with no car park. "yes we do it is there at the front full of cars" was my reply you have to park on the street. Also it is the people with old bangers that make the most fuss we had a couple with a porsh (therefore could see if they made a fuss) and they were like that's fine we will just put it there in that space on the street. Another couple 10 year old toyota and you would think it was a royles royce!.
The last sentence of my confirmation letter states: PLEASE park in front of the house as we do not own any of the parking lots around us.
Where do they park? In the parking lot to the side of us across the alley (and not even in the spot close to the street!) or across the street in the Fire Dept's lot.
Came home from a "workshop" day Thursday listening to the professor pontificate all day when our group was doing the tasks to be told we had a guest coming. This was at 8:45. I ran around getting things ready and then sat waiting until 11 for her to finally show up. She told me she always looks for a B & B (right! we know all the B & Bs love 11 p.m. check-ins). She said 8 for breakfast. I had it on the table when she came down at 7:55 and when I left the house at 8:10 she was done and upstairs and back down on the cell phone sitting on our stoop. Had said she may be staying over. I said just let my husband know. He said she left without saying hello, goodbye, kiss my A, or Go to H! (Glad I ran her card when she arrived.) Now I wait for horse people who at least called yesterday to say they would probably not get here before 8 p.m. He was right!

KILL ME NOW PLEASE.
We have the same problem. We only have two guest cottages and they are right next to each other. They each have a sign on them identifying them by name. As guest enter our compound, there is a brightly painted arrow sign that says "PARKING" directing them to their parking space. There are individual parking spaces for each cottage and each is marked with its respective sign. In their confirmation, they are told to park in front of the cottages in the parking space marked for their cottage.
90% of them drive all the way up to the house and knock on the door and ask where they're supposed to park.
It's nuts!
I can almost top that one...our parking lot is paved, with lines and is the only place to park (no one street parking here). I'll still get the ones who ask, 'Is that where I'm supposed to park?' Maybe they are asking if there is assigned parking by room (we've thought about that).
The number of people who can't pull the car in between the 2 lines is mind-boggling. And they will go out and get their bags, go out for dinner, walk past their car 10 times and never move it. I've taken to saying, 'When you come back from dinner, be sure to only use one parking space as we are only allowed one space per room. I've already had to move my car to make room for everyone.'
Guests get very aggressive about that. 'It doesn't LOOK like there's a problem. I don't see THAT many cars out there.'
One morning every space was filled and there were 3 cars lined up on the grass edge. Too many guests bringing multiple cars for one room. (In one case it was THREE cars for one room.)

Peach upside down cake just came out of the oven...will be posting pix once I flip it over! First one ever.
Et voila!

We have a circular drive, with parking off to one side so it is one way with signs Enter Private Drive & Exit ONLY. I can not tell you how many enter the exit, then have to maneuver to get into the parking spot - of course overlaping 98% of the time..
Or they do not park in them at all and park in the drive..walk up to the house and ask: don't you have someplace I can park closer? Hello! Do you see pavement anywhere else? NO it is all green - grass & gardens.
Then there are the real nut jobs that park just outside of our garage blocking us in. And yes there is a reserved parking sign, this after a few people thought they were privvy to gargage parking - guess 1st come?
People, give me a break!

2 rooms no-showed this AM- one of the 'youngsters' who hit the road at 8 AM, the other was 'oldsters' who hit the road at 7 AM. Neither told us in advance they needed to leave early.
All of the 20-somethings who came for brekkie ate at the same time. Not a single one acknowledged the others the way most of the older crowd do..
Boy I don't feel bad now. I was thinking it was "me" or something I did or didn't do.
THANKS!

Back