Breakfast options

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In our experience the first time B&B guests are the GREATEST! They are thrilled with everything and always wanting to make sure this or that is "ok"...it's usually the spoiled, high maintenance ones who act the way described here. Some people just think they are special...and you are, but we're all EQUALLY special...which makes you not special, get it? Sometimes it's fun making them understand this
wink_smile.gif
InnsiderInfo said:
In our experience the first time B&B guests are the GREATEST! They are thrilled with everything and always wanting to make sure this or that is "ok"...it's usually the spoiled, high maintenance ones who act the way described here. Some people just think they are special...and you are, but we're all EQUALLY special...which makes you not special, get it? Sometimes it's fun making them understand this
wink_smile.gif
I have read posts from Junie Jones saying that kindness is a gift innkeepers give their guests. She mentioned guests in the workforce and homes/families fighting dragons and no kind words ever given, and that is what we can give! I agree with Junie. It doesn't have to be much, but most people are unaccustomed to kindness these days. Think about your own life? How often has someone (if ever) just done something totally nice and unexpected for you? (not asking about your spouse or significant other) Even then, how often? You might be saddened by the results to that question.
Here is a book I saw recently on a news program. "Do One Nice Thing" and here is the website http://doonenicething.com/ It is along the lines of Random Acts of Kindness. Doesn't have to big, costly or time consuming. Just nice.

Humor also works well. Had a recent guest say that the other member of their party who was joining them on the last 2 days really wanted to have breakfast at their favorite breakfast place so they'd pass on breakfast the following morning.
Came back later and said that they'd told the other person about our breakfasts and said they would all be here for brekkie
teeth_smile.gif

Back