Breakfast Order Form

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Anyone have one? Since some of the guests are reluctant to eat at the breakfast table, I was hoping to set up a form and they can pick up their prepared breakfast to eat in the room. Anyone?

I deliver to the door as I always have, but it's still chef's choice. Why make more work for yourself? Around here, everyone gets the same great breakfast (except for dietary issues). They can eat it or leave it.

Joey Bloggs tried a breakfast order form for a while, knowing it would be nice to know the night before what different rooms wanted. But I think she dropped it after a while. You can image: hard to get them to fill it out and turn it in, and the ones who get there the next morning and have changed their mind!

I was hoping to get things like if they wanted coffee, tea, hot water or espresso? Was it milk or cream with that? Sugar, yellow or green packets? What kind of toast, butter, jam, peanut butter, etc.

I know it's usual to have those UHT milk/cream where you are, but they aren't readily available here. I have to buy 100 cream and 100 milk and they go bad in October, even though they are refrigerated.

I can still do breakfast chef's choice, or even chef's choice sweet or savory. But it's the little stuff I want ready. I don't want to send up coffee when they want tea, etc.

I saw one on the Facebook forum a long time ago. I dropped out of that one, as you did, but maybe someone else has seen it. The innkeepers had been using it for years and really liked it.

We used to serve buffet style, but now give out this form the day before and place everything on trays to take to our porch or back to their rooms. It's worked great and we seem to be saving lots on food costs. There are two columns for each guest's preferences that don't show here.

Breakfast Options

Please fill out and place on Dining Room table daily prior to 6 PM the night before!

Are there any Dietary Restrictions? _________________________________​

Room: _____________ Day: ________________

Eat on Porch (Seating at 8:30, 9:00, or 9:30 ) (circle)​
Trays delivered to room (8:30 – 10:00 ________)
Food Choices​
Please Check if desired
Entree of the Day (Innkeeper’s Choice):
Breakfast Meat (Innkeeper’s Choice):
Cereal (with Milk?) (circle)
Our Famous Homemade Granola (gluten free)
Blueberry Almond
Fruit course (Innkeeper’s Choice)
Bagel – Butter or Whipped Cream Cheese (circle)
Everything
Whole Wheat
Sesame
Blueberry
Raisin Bread
English Muffin
Coffee or Decaf Coffee or Tea (circle) (coffee will be ready by 7:30)
Juice: Blueberry Pomegranate or Strawberry Watermelon (circle)

We have always done a serve your self buffet but with Covid we started with a order form served as a carry out to our seating area arranged with distancing. We didn't like it and settled to us with still a buffet but us serving, with distancing.

Okay, let me ask this a different way. Would it be better to have a form, or to have all the packets of stuff next to where I work and ask them if they need things like:

Sugar, sweetener (yellow or green), butter, honey, peanut butter, tea/tisane, milk or cream, cereal, oatmeal, toast or bagel. I don't want to send up packets because in the case of sugar and sweetener, I would have to toss them, unused. And in the case of plastic packets, I would have to wash them.

How much of this can I simply do when they arrive for pick up and how much should be ready on the tray for them to pick up? I mean, I can't really pick their tea/tisane for them, I have a selection of maybe 2 dozen different ones. But knowing how much coffee or hot water is needed would make it faster to get done. Also, waiting for toast is a pain, so if I know, I can pop it in 3 minutes before their arrival time.

Or am I just being pedantic about it and I should just relax and assemble it when they arrive rather than worry about having most of it ready for them?

I was hoping to get things like if they wanted coffee, tea, hot water or espresso? Was it milk or cream with that? Sugar, yellow or green packets? What kind of toast, butter, jam, peanut butter, etc.

I know it's usual to have those UHT milk/cream where you are, but they aren't readily available here. I have to buy 100 cream and 100 milk and they go bad in October, even though they are refrigerated.

I can still do breakfast chef's choice, or even chef's choice sweet or savory. But it's the little stuff I want ready. I don't want to send up coffee when they want tea, etc.
I don't know if this will work for you, but I get their beverage choice (cream, etc) when I check them in. I have been a b&b with many choices and options for all these years, but covid has definitely changed that. Much fewer choices to simplify things i.e., choice of toast, jam, etc. Even my repeat guests haven't said anything negative or even asked questions about it. Everyone seems to understand that we're all doing the best we can and simplifying definitely helps.

Back