Breakfast Photos

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and took some breakfast photos this am. As some of you know I am building a new website finally, and it is just not on to add the same old images to a new site, as I said it is like putting clean clothes over dirty undies!
So today I made an extra plate and got some photos. I shared them on facebook already. But dang, it is not easy to get these images while the food is hot. I have to make sure the guests are served first, but I have to do it when I already cook the food or I won't do it! Trust me, this is how it is, I won't and I haven't!
teeth_smile.gif

I am going to give you the link to our facebook page as I can't paste them here very well via upload. I will try one first. http://www.facebook.com/claibornehousebb
425935_368636809828334_116494558375895_1327724_251247820_n.jpg

Yeah that is my daughter in MY apron, don't notice the chipped nail polish! haha I will add the others now it appears they are sticking!
#1 Not easy to take breakfast photos when you have guests to serve but here are some I took this morning! This is the main course: Pecan pancakes, crisp smoky thick sliced bacon, and scrambled eggs.
#2 Pouring the syrup over the pecan pancakes...secret to pancakes is high heat and cook them in butter! That way the edges crisp up and the center is oh so tender.
#3 a close up of pecan pancake bite! (If I had more time I would have made sure the pecans showed in this image, but it's done now, down the hatch.
chef.gif

401147_368637506494931_116494558375895_1327727_369222580_n.jpg

417199_368639559828059_116494558375895_1327730_1181259332_n.jpg

One more thing, I only serve breakfast on vintage china, so these images are using our own white plates so as not to distract from the food. One set I serve is my great grandmother's wedding set. My grandmother is still alive, so it was her mother's set. :) Just thought I would clarify.
Ignore that chipped nail pollish, I made my daughter 15 wear my apron and hold the plates!

Yeah that is my daughter in MY apron, don't notice the chipped nail polish! haha I will add the others now it appears they are sticking!
#1 Not easy to take breakfast photos when you have guests to serve but here are some I took this morning! This is the main course: Pecan pancakes, crisp smoky thick sliced bacon, and scrambled eggs.
#2 Pouring the syrup over the pecan pancakes...secret to pancakes is high heat and cook them in butter! That way the edges crisp up and the center is oh so tender.
#3 a close up of pecan pancake bite! (If I had more time I would have made sure the pecans showed in this image, but it's done now, down the hatch.
chef.gif

Yes they are GREAT! pictures. Looks ummmie! well done.
Oh by the way that is how we take picture too. On the run.

My mouth is watering! And great focus on that closeup. You must not be using your phone camera!

Those photos are fantastic! What kind of camera are you using????
RIki

chef.gif

Love the fork shot. Will have to try that sometime.
I never take the food pix 'hot', the food is always cold. If it's the sort of thing that contracts once cold I'll reheat slightly in the micro.

Nikon D40x digital SLR. I want to upgrade soon though, as my flash is cactus. We tried to repair it and I have a separate flash whcih I will never use. I don't like bulky cameras! This is bulky enough.
The image with the syrup pouring is my left hand pouring the syrup, daughter holding plate outward to show food and my right hand trying to snap the photos. At least I had someone to hold the food for a change! haha
I try to use natural light as these are pretty dark, bso we stood by the window. I had straight bacon and wavier bacon, so I grabbed the wavier. It all makes a difference, now looking at it I think I should have used the straight. I had my daughter wear my apron as that is the one I wear for my twitter id image, and put on everything. Just to tie them in a bit. I already got a booking from sharing these photos online! So if nothing else, tweet them, facebook them and google plus them!

Nikon D40x digital SLR. I want to upgrade soon though, as my flash is cactus. We tried to repair it and I have a separate flash whcih I will never use. I don't like bulky cameras! This is bulky enough.
The image with the syrup pouring is my left hand pouring the syrup, daughter holding plate outward to show food and my right hand trying to snap the photos. At least I had someone to hold the food for a change! haha
I try to use natural light as these are pretty dark, bso we stood by the window. I had straight bacon and wavier bacon, so I grabbed the wavier. It all makes a difference, now looking at it I think I should have used the straight. I had my daughter wear my apron as that is the one I wear for my twitter id image, and put on everything. Just to tie them in a bit. I already got a booking from sharing these photos online! So if nothing else, tweet them, facebook them and google plus them!.
NO! Love the wavy bacon! Straight bacon would NOT go with that photo! Everything has a curve, straight bacon would stand out like a sore thumb.

chef.gif

Love the fork shot. Will have to try that sometime.
I never take the food pix 'hot', the food is always cold. If it's the sort of thing that contracts once cold I'll reheat slightly in the micro.
Two very good photographer friends of mine suggested when photographing cold foods and you want them to look fresh from the oven or pan, to use an incense stick. Light it, hold it near the plate and move it out of the frame right before taking a shot. Looks like steam!
Tip: don't drop the incense ashes on the food!!! Duh!
BTW those pics made me hungry!

Food shots take a lot of work. It is very difficult to get that perfect shot that you want while you are serving breakfast. We have found it best to stage the shoot well after breakfast is over. There are so many things to take into account - camera angle, lighting, the food arrangement, on and on. We shoot for a while and trot over to the PC to review on its bigger screen and decide on adjustments for the next series. give a wet cotton ball a short blast in the micro for a source of steam. Keep shooting. You have a nice start
regular_smile.gif

Food shots take a lot of work. It is very difficult to get that perfect shot that you want while you are serving breakfast. We have found it best to stage the shoot well after breakfast is over. There are so many things to take into account - camera angle, lighting, the food arrangement, on and on. We shoot for a while and trot over to the PC to review on its bigger screen and decide on adjustments for the next series. give a wet cotton ball a short blast in the micro for a source of steam. Keep shooting. You have a nice start
regular_smile.gif
rrh said:
regular_smile.gif
Wow, that's nice. Care to share some of your fabulous photos with us?
This is not a professional shoot, just some breakfast photos to share with everyone and on facebook and the blog and a slideshow on the website...
See this is the thing everyone, am I THE ONLY ONE who even takes photos? Am I the only one who ever shares this? Probably so. BE BOLD - TAKE SOME AND SHARE SOME, it is really not that hard.
cheers.gif
I take advice from those who share them, gladly! I would love to see other photos and what they have done.

regular_smile.gif
rrh said:
regular_smile.gif
This is not a professional shoot, just some breakfast photos to share with everyone and on facebook and the blog and a slideshow on the website...
See this is the thing everyone, am I THE ONLY ONE who even takes photos? Am I the only one who ever shares this? Probably so. BE BOLD - TAKE SOME AND SHARE SOME, it is really not that hard.
cheers.gif
I take advice from those who share them, gladly! I would love to see other photos and what they have done.
I was going to try and get rid of her fingernail polish for you..but my skills at editing are not that good yet :-(

regular_smile.gif
rrh said:
regular_smile.gif
cheers.gif
I was going to try and get rid of her fingernail polish for you..but my skills at editing are not that good yet :-(
catlady said:
It's on the list. The Stinker, I had asked her for days to remove it too. I can do that, I can remove and change the lighting etc, and brighten it up.

Hey, my friend, I thought you didn't serve bacon? hahahaha....
wink_smile.gif

Love those shots! I am hungry for a hot, made-from-scratch B&B breakfast....
tounge_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
rrh said:
regular_smile.gif
cheers.gif
catlady said:
It's on the list. The Stinker, I had asked her for days to remove it too. I can do that, I can remove and change the lighting etc, and brighten it up.
Joey Bloggs said:
catlady said:
If you have photoshop, the "stamp" tool I find is the easiest way to get rid of it. I can do that if you like.
RIki

regular_smile.gif
rrh said:
regular_smile.gif
cheers.gif
I never said I had a bunch of fabulous shots, or was a professional - just that it's not easy. There are some here - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Avenue-Hotel-Bed-and-Breakfast/97582345344

regular_smile.gif
rrh said:
regular_smile.gif
cheers.gif
I never said I had a bunch of fabulous shots, or was a professional - just that it's not easy. There are some here - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Avenue-Hotel-Bed-and-Breakfast/97582345344
Love your pancake sandwich!

regular_smile.gif
rrh said:
regular_smile.gif
cheers.gif
Cheers!
and how much for the puppies? They are adorable. Sorry they took me away from the food photos momentarily.

Speaking of food, tell me this is just not from cutting it this way,
whattha.gif

Could I instead have been doing this all my life as a garnish for fish, caesar salads etc?
164944405072358760_gYaYbjE3_f.jpg

Back