Breakfast Photos

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Well, I got out the camera this morning before the guests came down and photoed the banana split. Don't think it is usable other than here. One of them is OK with yogurt but not with milk or cream so I used a dollop of yogurt instead of whipped cream. I only had one cherry (2 guests) I used a blackberry on each split.
smBananaSplit.JPG

Then after they left, I put some of the baked oatmeal on a plate and photographed it. Again, not good enough, but I can show you what it is like. For the photo I added too much yogurt. It is topped with blueberries, red raspberries, blackberries, and dark cherries.
SmBaekdOatmeal.JPG

Snapped a few this morning...I should make an extra plate, but I didn't. Click here
I tossed it on the blog here (for more photos) in low light, but I did what I could... HOMEMADE IS ALWAYS BETTER
PS Background info I have a vegetarian, gluten free room this morning. First course was fresh fruit, second scrambled eggs with cheese, hash browns, large tomatoes. Another guest here doesn't do spicy or I would have dressed up the eggs a bit more with some salsa and chives. :)
And...these were our ketchup and hot sauce bottles, I don't ever serve them half empty, the guests have the full bottles on the table. Just in case someone noticed and thought me lax. I am overly conscientious about half empty bottles for guests.

Crop. Get rid of the glare and it will also pull the food closer to the viewer. I had the hardest time with the old camera being able to get close enough to the food. The pix would always come out blurred. So, plan to crop the photos. Try taking the pix from more of an angle (rather than straight up and down). Sit down to take the pix and back the chair up enough so they're not blurred.
I also take the pix on the countertop with a tablecloth thrown over it. Easier on the back!

Snapped a few this morning...I should make an extra plate, but I didn't. Click here
I tossed it on the blog here (for more photos) in low light, but I did what I could... HOMEMADE IS ALWAYS BETTER
PS Background info I have a vegetarian, gluten free room this morning. First course was fresh fruit, second scrambled eggs with cheese, hash browns, large tomatoes. Another guest here doesn't do spicy or I would have dressed up the eggs a bit more with some salsa and chives. :)
And...these were our ketchup and hot sauce bottles, I don't ever serve them half empty, the guests have the full bottles on the table. Just in case someone noticed and thought me lax. I am overly conscientious about half empty bottles for guests..
A little bit of greenery..parsley, cilantro or something like that would have spruced up the plate with a bit more color contrast. :)

And...these were our ketchup and hot sauce bottles, I don't ever serve them half empty, the guests have the full bottles on the table. Just in case someone noticed and thought me lax. I am overly conscientious about half empty bottles for guests..
If that doesn't make you hungry..............Great pic. Nice warm tones.
BBBBob

YUM!! Bring on the hot sauce!

All this makes me hungry!
Taking pictures of food is not for sissies! I took pictures for 3 days, different angles, different lighting, clicking until the food looked like crap. Edited, cropped, changed tones and finally had 2-3 good (enough) pictures for the website. Just like room pictures you have to have different props, greenery or other items to make the food pop.
Frustrating for sure! Good luck.

Back