Breakfast Pudding Recipe

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThuderingWind

Reaction score
I am looking for a breakfast pudding recipe.
The version I recently tasted had
Cream of Wheat
Milk
Almond Paste
Now all I need is the ratio of each.

Hi
Was wondering if it was almond paste? Could of it been almond milk instead?
I would try to make a one size bowl of cream of wheat then add 1 tbsp. full of almond paste and mix that in while the milk and cream of wheat is cooking.

Hi
I would try to make a one size bowl of cream of wheat then add 1 tbsp. full of almond paste and mix that in while the milk and cream of wheat is cooking..
The menu at the B&B clearly stated Cream of Wheat & Almond Paste.
My wife enjoyed it.
I am waiting to hear back from the Chef to see if she will share that recipe. I want to added it to our Christmas Breakfast menu.

Hi
I would try to make a one size bowl of cream of wheat then add 1 tbsp. full of almond paste and mix that in while the milk and cream of wheat is cooking..
My wife enjoyed it.
I am waiting to hear back from the Chef to see if she will share that recipe. I want to added it to our Christmas Breakfast menu.
And by almond paste did they mean marzipan or frangipane?

Hi
My wife enjoyed it.
Jon Sable said:
NO almond paste is ground up sweeten almonds. Used in pastries. Awesome stuff!

Hi
My wife enjoyed it.
Jon Sable said:
Marzipan is almonds and sugar or honey and used to make shapes, like animals, but also rolled thin to cover cakes.
Frangipane is almond filling or almond cream, softer and used to make tarts, often mixed with eggs and cream. (Which is what I assume you are now talking about by the context.)

Hi
My wife enjoyed it.
Jon Sable said:
Marzipan is almonds and sugar or honey and used to make shapes, like animals, but also rolled thin to cover cakes.
Frangipane is almond filling or almond cream, softer and used to make tarts, often mixed with eggs and cream. (Which is what I assume you are now talking about by the context.)
The almond paste I use for Galette des Rois is stiff and slightly sweet.

Hi
My wife enjoyed it.
Jon Sable said:
The almond paste I use for Galette des Rois is stiff and slightly sweet.
Here in the US we have almond paste and Marzipan, which is sweeter and stiffer than almond paste. I would use almond paste.

Back