Breakfast table/ napkin folds

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseberry

Reaction score
After starting the threat "Breakfast table settings", KK gave me some ideas for Napin folding.
I came across a page which I think might be helpful to others too, if you like that sort of thing.
I printed out most of the patterns, so I won't get mored doing them :)
http://www.napkinfoldingguide.com/

Wow! Great site! And I confess.... I wasn't folding fitted sheets right.
They don't have my "bishop's hat" but it starts the same as the crown fold...
THANKS!
=)
Kk.

THANKS!
=)
Kk..
I've been playing with napkins, found a few favorites.....have not yet checked out the linen folds yet but will.
Everytime before when I looked for a site to show folds, all I found was books to purchase. This is the first site they actually show you something for free.....

THANKS!
=)
Kk..
Just watched the Video....of course it has to be a male folding those sheets just perfect..married too, maybe that's why she married him....
wink_smile.gif

THANKS!
=)
Kk..
Just watched the Video....of course it has to be a male folding those sheets just perfect..married too, maybe that's why she married him....
wink_smile.gif

Yeah... I showed it to dh, who started out by asking, "You fold fitted sheets?" I'm like, yes, they get folded, too. Then he saw it was a guy doing it, "Oh, it's a guy doing it!"
I like the t-shirt one, although my method words pretty well, too, and doesn't require a flat suface.
=)
Kk.

Kk, I did napkins yesterday with the bishop's hat fold just for fun.
Don't know if I will be doing much of this but want to know how just in case I want to do it. Thanks for the link.

THANKS!
=)
Kk..
wink_smile.gif

Mooseberry Inn said:
wink_smile.gif
He practiced for weeks...hubs still can't fold the fitted sheets...

THANKS!
=)
Kk..
wink_smile.gif

Mooseberry Inn said:
wink_smile.gif
I do myne almost like in the video, just not so perfect.....
Hubby rolls them up and calls it good.....he is not helping at the B&B....

THANKS!
=)
Kk..
wink_smile.gif

Mooseberry Inn said:
wink_smile.gif
Mine folds the sheets so perfectly, you would think they just came out of the package!!! Talk about perfectionist...not me...I just get them the fitted one folded just to fit on the shelf. i do pretty good with the flat ones:)

I take the bottom corner (fold point) of the napkin and pull it through the napkin ring. That is usually about as fancy as I get with the napkins.

I purchased a book on napkind folding but found that most of my napkins were too soft to hold the folds and some too small to make many of the folds. I think that many of the folds require a startched napkin and big like the ones you get in restaurants. I used to grab the napkin in the center and slip a napkin ring on it and put it on the bread plate. Now I just grab it in the center and stuff it in the water glass. Makes a pretty presentation without the fuss.

THANKS!
=)
Kk..
wink_smile.gif

When I was young my mother always made me help her fold sheets. My first landlady after I was married showed me how to fold contour (fitted) sheets the way that the guy folded them in the video. That was over 35 years ago. I fold them that way to this day and even showed my sister how to do them when she last visited and stayed with us. It is amazing how nice and flat they fold that way.

I fold my sheets like that all the time. I believe I read it in a Martha S Book. The T shirt thing is interesting. Works really well. We got a box of shirts yesterday for walking in the Parade with our son (Time to Campaign again, Representatives have to run for office every 2 years) Karl and I folded the shirts this AM the Video way. Pretty nifty. Now I can fold them that way to put on the shelves of our new closet shelves that Karl and I finally got to finish. Just like California Closets only wooden.

so my bright red and yellow napkins are too soft and won't hold a fold
my off white are more substantial and will keep a nice shape.
have experimented with some of the folds. so far, i like the little pockets to put the silverware in. basic and helpful since folks are always moving around in here ... changing tables, etc.

have experimented with some of the folds. so far, i like the little pockets to put the silverware in. basic and helpful since folks are always moving around in here ... changing tables, etc..
seashanty said:
They might hold the "pyramid" shape, which is first one on the website posted above. (I call it "fortune cookie.") And that one can be folded in advance and stored ready to go.
Kk.

have experimented with some of the folds. so far, i like the little pockets to put the silverware in. basic and helpful since folks are always moving around in here ... changing tables, etc..
seashanty said:
They might hold the "pyramid" shape, which is first one on the website posted above. (I call it "fortune cookie.") And that one can be folded in advance and stored ready to go.
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
seashanty said:
Kk.
This is so funny. My guest who is a food and bev director left his napkin folded that way. I cracked up. HABITS DIE HARD!

A good page!
Maybe this napkin folding tutorials will be helpful to others too!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuByuCH18mJBjBP52_gNbfA/videos

But if you fold fitted sheets like this how do you tell them apart from the flat ones? Without the fitted part facing out?

Back