Breakfast walk-ins

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
This is the 3rd or 4th time in a few weeks we've had walk-ins at breakfast. I mean I'm serving breakfast and people pull up and get out of the car looking for rooms. The past 3 times they have been future reservations but sometimes they are for that night. Anyway, booked 2 rooms for next week. Sight unseen, no questions asked about pricing. They give me their info and walk out the door, don't even ask for confirmation.

I thought you were going to say you had people walk-in looking for breakfast! We've had that happen twice in the last month. One group rang the doorbell and said we're here for breakfast. Turns out DH had a call earlier from someone who asked if we serve breakfast, he said yes, they hung up, without mentioning the relevant point that they weren't guests. A woman called a few days ago getting directions for her GPS, she asked do you also serve lunch, he got suspicious and asked do you have reservations with us. Nope, just wanted to come for breakfast.

Last year the carnival people came up to the door looking to buy breakfast. I was sorely tempted since the carnivl being literally on my front porch caused my reservations to cancel. I didn't do it though - all I would need is for someone to "drop a dime"! For those who know me it is no surprise I have pissed off enough people who would have dropped that dime - happily!

I thought you were going to say you had people walk-in looking for breakfast! We've had that happen twice in the last month. One group rang the doorbell and said we're here for breakfast. Turns out DH had a call earlier from someone who asked if we serve breakfast, he said yes, they hung up, without mentioning the relevant point that they weren't guests. A woman called a few days ago getting directions for her GPS, she asked do you also serve lunch, he got suspicious and asked do you have reservations with us. Nope, just wanted to come for breakfast..
We've only had the breakfast seekers a couple of times. And they look very dejected walking away. I mention they should stay with us next time they are in town.
The guests who were eating breakfast when the doorbell rang all said, 'Should we let them in?' Like it was a game or something!

We had workers here who didn't understand that in order to get breakfast one must be a guest... however, we did bake biscuits and other goodies for them while they were here - one offered to pay and I said it's on the house.. he liked that and we became their heros for treating them. they also did a great job, too, on the work they did for us.

We had workers here who didn't understand that in order to get breakfast one must be a guest... however, we did bake biscuits and other goodies for them while they were here - one offered to pay and I said it's on the house.. he liked that and we became their heros for treating them. they also did a great job, too, on the work they did for us..
first year we were open i had people coming in constantly asking for breakfast, table for two ... etc. other guests would let them in, tell them 'great breakfast.'
so one morning, full house, working alone, i'm juggling plated breakfasts, and two men come to the doorway and shout to me they need breakfast for two. and i shout back,
'sorry ... you have to sleep with me first to have breakfast with me'
arrgghh.
embaressed_smile.gif

We had workers here who didn't understand that in order to get breakfast one must be a guest... however, we did bake biscuits and other goodies for them while they were here - one offered to pay and I said it's on the house.. he liked that and we became their heros for treating them. they also did a great job, too, on the work they did for us..
first year we were open i had people coming in constantly asking for breakfast, table for two ... etc. other guests would let them in, tell them 'great breakfast.'
so one morning, full house, working alone, i'm juggling plated breakfasts, and two men come to the doorway and shout to me they need breakfast for two. and i shout back,
arrgghh.
embaressed_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif

arrgghh.
embaressed_smile.gif

LOL!
We don't have any signs and are not on a main road, so we don't get this. DARN, lol!
Carol

arrgghh.
embaressed_smile.gif

>'sorry ... you have to sleep with me first to have breakfast with me'<
Too funny! I had an email from someone who wanted to eat breakfast here...wish I'd been quick enough to say that. I sent them to a nearby restaurant.

arrgghh.
embaressed_smile.gif

Too funny! I had an email from someone who wanted to eat breakfast here...wish I'd been quick enough to say that. I sent them to a nearby restaurant.
it's funny now, but at the time i was moritified.
and the breakfast room was in an uproar when one of the guests said
'haha, you can sleep with all of us, but it's gonna cost ya.'
and one of the men in the doorway retorted, 'how much?'

arrgghh.
embaressed_smile.gif

it's funny now, but at the time i was moritified.
and the breakfast room was in an uproar when one of the guests said
'haha, you can sleep with all of us, but it's gonna cost ya.'
and one of the men in the doorway retorted, 'how much?'
Oh, brother... minds in the gutters :)

Breakfast walk-ins just arrived. Last week booked 2 rooms for 5 people. Decided that was too many in two rooms so they booked my last open room as they walked in. Yippee!

Back