Bree, I APOLOGIZE.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trishany

Reaction score
IT WAS NOT BREE. I know this comes a lot too late, but it was NOT BREE.

It is very good of you to apologize! Thank you!
Now... I'd hate to think that anyone here was capable of such a low, underhanded, despicable and puerile stunt, but if it WAS someone from this forum, that person needs to go make it right!
=)
Kk.

We know it was not Bree as well. Thank you for apologizing. It was a shameful thing to do, no one condones it here, ever.

Now... I'd hate to think that anyone here was capable of such a low, underhanded, despicable and puerile stunt, but if it WAS someone from this forum, that person needs to go make it right!
=)
Kk..
Yellowsocks, I feel so baaaaaaad. I've emailed Bree. I'll say it again -- IT WAS NOT BREE.
I just didn't think it was a coincidence that when I posted here about the "new yorkers", that all of a sudden (when we have 10 postings and all are rated 5-star) that we would get a very low-rated review.
But, I'll just chalk it up to experience. Thanks.

=)
Kk..
Yellowsocks, I feel so baaaaaaad. I've emailed Bree. I'll say it again -- IT WAS NOT BREE.
I just didn't think it was a coincidence that when I posted here about the "new yorkers", that all of a sudden (when we have 10 postings and all are rated 5-star) that we would get a very low-rated review.
trishany said:
I can see why you wouldn't think it was a coincidence. Frankly, I don't think it is, either.
It's also why I've been try to gently push you to moderate your words... you can't just come on the world wide web and say things that could potentially insult people. You love your New Yorkers, and that's all good and sweet, but to the rest of the 49 states and many other countries here on the forum, it was a slap in the face. You've called a regular (and helpful) poster psychotic and told her she needed her ass kicked. That was not nice! We tried to gently warn you that unless you're on here incognito (and it's why so many are) you put yourself at risk for ADA set-up lawsuits (where they try to get you to refuse service and then they sue you)... and you flat out refused to believe us. I hadn't considered the possibility of bogus TA reviews, but they are in the same vein.
Even if it was someone you insulted here... their resorting to a bogus TA review is a bit drastic. I'm sorry this happened to you. I don't know if a general apology would mollify their feelings or not. Even if they decided to pull the review, it's going to take an email to TA and someone to pull it off... it won't be immediate. But I certainly hope that that person would see that you have learned your lesson and be willing to remove it.
=)
Kk.

We know it was not Bree as well. Thank you for apologizing. It was a shameful thing to do, no one condones it here, ever..
Junie - when I saw that review, I was just livid. And when a person gets so mad, you can't see clearly.
And any reasonable person can see from that review that it is bogus (it's bogus, believe me, please)
This is NO EXCUSE for blaming Bree whatsoever.
AND, BREE, I AM SO, SO SORRY. Please forgive me. I will be thinking about this until I hear from YOU.
The reviewer stated that they were from New York. .......and I assumed that it was Bree.

=)
Kk..
trishany said:
I can see why you wouldn't think it was a coincidence. Frankly, I don't think it is, either.
It's also why I've been try to gently push you to moderate your words... you can't just come on the world wide web and say things that could potentially insult people. You love your New Yorkers, and that's all good and sweet, but to the rest of the 49 states and many other countries here on the forum, it was a slap in the face. You've called a regular (and helpful) poster psychotic and told her she needed her ass kicked. That was not nice! We tried to gently warn you that unless you're on here incognito (and it's why so many are) you put yourself at risk for ADA set-up lawsuits (where they try to get you to refuse service and then they sue you)... and you flat out refused to believe us. I hadn't considered the possibility of bogus TA reviews, but they are in the same vein.
Even if it was someone you insulted here... their resorting to a bogus TA review is a bit drastic. I'm sorry this happened to you. I don't know if a general apology would mollify their feelings or not. Even if they decided to pull the review, it's going to take an email to TA and someone to pull it off... it won't be immediate. But I certainly hope that that person would see that you have learned your lesson and be willing to remove it.
=)
Kk.
Yeah, you're right. But, why go incognito if you have nothing to hide?

=)
Kk..
trishany said:
=)
Kk.
trishany said:
Well... you might have avoided the bogus review if people didn't know where you were located.
I have nothing to hide... but I make every effort to be moderate in my "speech" and as inoffensive as possible.
I think you shouldn't "go incognito" or change your username or anything like that. Just take this lesson to heart that words have power and can be taken wrongly, especially in an electronic medium. You just can't use sarcasm, it simply doesn't convey. You can't go around calling people psychotic and telling them they need their ass kicked. And you have to allow other innkeepers to love their guests as much as you love yours... try not to post comments that seem to say "I've got the best (B&B, guests, dogs, whatever)!" Of course you do! And so do I, and every other innkeeper on this forum who loves and cares for their B&B, their family, their pets, and their guests. But we all want to maintain the illusion that our particular slice of heaven is the best (it is!) and we don't appreciate someone else coming on and implying theirs is better. Yours is better... for you! And mine is perfect... for me!
Again, hopefully the culprit will see you're sorry and will email TA to have the review removed.
And, hopefully, you'll moderate your words a little in the future.
And we'll all live happily ever after and continue learning and growing from each other!
heart.gif

=)
Kk.

=)
Kk..
trishany said:
=)
Kk.
trishany said:
Well... you might have avoided the bogus review if people didn't know where you were located.
I have nothing to hide... but I make every effort to be moderate in my "speech" and as inoffensive as possible.
I think you shouldn't "go incognito" or change your username or anything like that. Just take this lesson to heart that words have power and can be taken wrongly, especially in an electronic medium. You just can't use sarcasm, it simply doesn't convey. You can't go around calling people psychotic and telling them they need their ass kicked. And you have to allow other innkeepers to love their guests as much as you love yours... try not to post comments that seem to say "I've got the best (B&B, guests, dogs, whatever)!" Of course you do! And so do I, and every other innkeeper on this forum who loves and cares for their B&B, their family, their pets, and their guests. But we all want to maintain the illusion that our particular slice of heaven is the best (it is!) and we don't appreciate someone else coming on and implying theirs is better. Yours is better... for you! And mine is perfect... for me!
Again, hopefully the culprit will see you're sorry and will email TA to have the review removed.
And we'll all live happily ever after and continue learning and growing from each other!
heart.gif

=)
Kk.
I don't understand. You said "we might have avoided the bogus review if people didn't know where we were located". ????

=)
Kk..
trishany said:
=)
Kk.
trishany said:
heart.gif

=)
Kk.
I don't understand. You said "we might have avoided the bogus review if people didn't know where we were located". ????
trishany said:
You're not really incognito here... lots of people who have been around the forum a while know where your B&B is, and what its name is.
And a newbie could read some of your posts and garner enough clues to do a Google search and find you easily. I just typed in a few key clues and I found you right away.
It's hard to be truly incognito... which is one of the many reasons I don't even try.
=)
Kk.

=)
Kk..
trishany said:
=)
Kk.
trishany said:
heart.gif

=)
Kk.
trishany said:
You're not really incognito here... lots of people who have been around the forum a while know where your B&B is, and what its name is.
And a newbie could read some of your posts and garner enough clues to do a Google search and find you easily. I just typed in a few key clues and I found you right away.
It's hard to be truly incognito... which is one of the many reasons I don't even try.
=)
Kk.
Yelowsocks,
WE absolutely LOVE that people know where we are located. And to type in a few "key names", and to come up with our bandb is icing on the cake!.
But you still didn't answer my question.

Trish- Have not received an email from you, but will accept this public apology. I do hope you will realize that I am not a vindictive person and would never damage ANYONE'S business in any way.
However, if the person who DID post that review reads this, YOU need to email an apology to me.
Everyone else? Please let this drop. I've read it, Trish has apologized, for me it's over. Let it go, move on.

=)
Kk..
trishany said:
=)
Kk.
trishany said:
heart.gif

=)
Kk.
trishany said:
=)
Kk.
Yelowsocks,
WE absolutely LOVE that people know where we are located. And to type in a few "key names", and to come up with our bandb is icing on the cake!.
trishany said:
Yelowsocks,
Go back and re-read that post several times.
I hate to be blunt.
People get hurt when you post without thinking.
Your words have hurt people, and annoyed others.
Some people are vindictive (Bree is not one of them).
Vindictive people can find out who you are, and leave bogus reviews.
Life sucks that way.
So watch what you say, and how you say it.
=)
Kk.

I have locked this thread for comment as well.

Back