Bridal showers- NOT at the inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems like a very American phenomenon to me - this side of the pond we wouldn't really have 'showers' at all - more likely just an engagement party when all you'd really expect would be a card (maybe a cheque from a generous relative if you're lucky). Even for a wedding present, asking for a $500 item (or whatever the equivalent is in £ or €) seems a bit cheeky to me.

Yup.....
We have engagement parties here to.........first it's the engagement party......then it's the bridal shower (usualy women only)........then the wedding........after it's the baby shower, then the christening ( or what ever you do )
Any or all of it can have a gift registry.......I understand the registry for the reason of requesting items of need, and that there would be no duplicates....asking for a high ticket item........does not in anyway mean that anyone has to be responsible for that high ticket item
The registry is a wish list............if one intends to only provide a gift in the......say.....$50 range..........and there are none available in the registry, cause they've all been taken................then all one has to do is get a card, write a check
Gift registry has been a big thing for a long time where I am.........makes sense...........how many toater ovens or coffee machines does anyone need?

One of our first functions we had here (as a B&B) was a couples shower (bbq). It was really a lovely event, there were no gifts, just fun and fellowship for the couple.

Back