Bridal Showers - ugh

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbirds

Reaction score
<sigh>
We hosted another bridal shower recently. The planners came early, dropped off things and said they were going for lunch.
Guests started arriving an hour later, and the planners were nowhere to be seen! They finally came about 10 minutes before the event was to start, embarrassed that they lost track of time over lunch (along with some beverages!)
One carload of guests (an older lady driving even older ladies) hit one of our portico posts. When informed of the minor damage, the driver exclaimed "Oh, that's fixable."
I can fix it, but that cavalier attitude really irked me.
However, we like doing the baby/bridal showers, and it's good rental income for the space they use.
</sigh>

Well then I guess you are stuck :-( You want the income ...but not the hassles.
Do you have a contract they must sign?
Did you charge them for the damage? I certainly hope so. Yes, you can fix it...but...they need to pay your for it!!!!
Good luck.

oh man! sweet as can be ... dear shower planner, one of your guests accidentally hit one of our portico posts. she acknowledged the damage she caused is minor. would she prefer to pay for the repair or submit a claim to her auto insurance?
seriously!

You're right, it's the cavalier attitude that everyone had that made this not the best event it could have been. What bothers me most is that it is NEVER the fault of the person who did the wrong thing, it is always the fault of the B&B.
Not sure you can do anything about the portico post at this point, it should have been handled at the moment. Name, address, insurance info of the driver. THAT puts them in mind of how this is not their own house they hit.

It is part of doing business. Maybe we could charge to park guests' cars, too?! Valet service!
wink_smile.gif

The planner and her husband are coming over - he's a handyman and they offered to restore the wood "just like new" ... it's a small piece about 2 inches long by 1 inch.
Live and learn...

It is part of doing business. Maybe we could charge to park guests' cars, too?! Valet service!
wink_smile.gif

The planner and her husband are coming over - he's a handyman and they offered to restore the wood "just like new" ... it's a small piece about 2 inches long by 1 inch.
Live and learn....
Excellent. Hopefully they really do know what they're doing.

curious ... did the planner call you and offer or did you have to contact her? this is good news!

wink_smile.gif

Live and learn....
Sorry...damaging your property is not a normal part of business. I would send them a bill or take them up on the offer...but insist it be fixed now.

curious ... did the planner call you and offer or did you have to contact her? this is good news!.
The planner saw the damage after the shower, was embarassed and immediately offered her husband and her to fix it/pay for it.
We know them well, so it will all work out in the end.

curious ... did the planner call you and offer or did you have to contact her? this is good news!.
The planner saw the damage after the shower, was embarassed and immediately offered her husband and her to fix it/pay for it.
We know them well, so it will all work out in the end.
It is harsh on her becuse the woman who hit it should pay and sort it out. I'll bet if something of yours hit her car she would have been wanting her pound of flesh.

We had a bridal shower here is early May. We only provided the venue, the bridesmaids were bringing all the food and drinks and paper products. They arrived half an hour before all the guests were arriving with nothing prepared and no clue how to host a party! Yikes! Luckily the guests were late and with a lot of help from me and my DH they pulled everything together and the day turned out beautifully. But I wonder what they were thinking. Next time I will ask a lot more questions ahead of time.

Back