Brrrrap, brrrap, brrrrrrrrrrrum

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
branch.JPG
Yes, the sound of a chain saw at 7 AM. We had storm damage last month with the ice storm...he's standing on the branch he's cutting. It was amazing to watch...

Wow. We have a blue spruce in our yard that looks like a needle and is a VERY dirty tree. It is so big that I cringe with every wind storm because no matter which direction it goes, there will be big time problems - our house or power lines depending. DH loves it. It is home to who knows how many birds - I have a perpetually decorated car to prove it! I have promised myself that IF I can find the funds - within a week of DH's demise, that tree is GONE! I want my house in one piece, not with a blue spruce skylight.

Yikes! I think what would freak me out the most would be moving from the ladder to the tree branch. Is he harnessed to a higher branch or further up the ladder?
We saw some films on the Banff Mountain Film Festival Tour recently which featured a lot of people doing some crazy things at crazy heights. Maybe they could moonlight as tree pruners. If interested in seeing a collection of interesting films, check out the festival tour. It hits just about every province and state over the next couple months.

7 am?
did you have guests?
i realize the tree trimming has to be done - dangers of falling limbs and all that. but 7 am on a saturday morning .....

7 am?
did you have guests?
i realize the tree trimming has to be done - dangers of falling limbs and all that. but 7 am on a saturday morning ......
No guests, we're on vacation. Still, we were asleep. He was very good. Started the chainsaw to warm it up, turned it off. Climbed the tree, started the saw, cut the limbs, turned it off. It cut thru those limbs like a hot knife thru butter. Nothing like having the proper equipment.

Yikes! I think what would freak me out the most would be moving from the ladder to the tree branch. Is he harnessed to a higher branch or further up the ladder?
We saw some films on the Banff Mountain Film Festival Tour recently which featured a lot of people doing some crazy things at crazy heights. Maybe they could moonlight as tree pruners. If interested in seeing a collection of interesting films, check out the festival tour. It hits just about every province and state over the next couple months..
He's harnessed to something! I can't tell now from the pic whether it's the branch he's standing on or what. I have another one of him 'hanging' off another tree by the ropes he has around the tree.

Those guys are amazing. After Katrina we had major tree damage including a tree hovering over our pool. A group of 4 PA tree experts came over and had our yard back in no time. And no damage was done to the pool either. I will not forget Frank, the 73 year old, who climbed that tree over the pool and cut it away....Amazing to watch but hope I never have to see it again. ya know what I mean?!

Those guys are amazing. After Katrina we had major tree damage including a tree hovering over our pool. A group of 4 PA tree experts came over and had our yard back in no time. And no damage was done to the pool either. I will not forget Frank, the 73 year old, who climbed that tree over the pool and cut it away....Amazing to watch but hope I never have to see it again. ya know what I mean?!.
This guy we hired 3 weeks ago. He's been working trying to get a tree that fell in the ice storm OUT of someone's house. He's had to cut the tree up, piece by piece, INSIDE the house and now he is repairing her roof. He squeezed us in...

Wow, interesting how he got up there. We need to hire the guy with the bucket truck to trim our big 100+ year old trees in a month or so. Hopefully, he'll get the tree canopy up away from the house but not get rid of the shade which is such a blessing here in the Summer. The last time he was here a couple of years ago, he did all this trimming & cleaned up everything so well that you didn't even see a twig. Dang, I wouldn't want to do that in the cold up there. brrrrrrrrrrr.....

Wow, interesting how he got up there. We need to hire the guy with the bucket truck to trim our big 100+ year old trees in a month or so. Hopefully, he'll get the tree canopy up away from the house but not get rid of the shade which is such a blessing here in the Summer. The last time he was here a couple of years ago, he did all this trimming & cleaned up everything so well that you didn't even see a twig. Dang, I wouldn't want to do that in the cold up there. brrrrrrrrrrr......
That ladder is up about 30' in the air. The branch it is leaning on is nothing. I watched him climb that and was thinking there's no way I would do that! Luckily, it was 'warm' when they got here, almost 30. The temps dropped to below 0 last night. It's only 8 right now. He did say it's very hard to work in this weather with the trees being slippery with the snow and very hard to punch the spikes on his boots into the trees.

Wow, interesting how he got up there. We need to hire the guy with the bucket truck to trim our big 100+ year old trees in a month or so. Hopefully, he'll get the tree canopy up away from the house but not get rid of the shade which is such a blessing here in the Summer. The last time he was here a couple of years ago, he did all this trimming & cleaned up everything so well that you didn't even see a twig. Dang, I wouldn't want to do that in the cold up there. brrrrrrrrrrr......
That ladder is up about 30' in the air. The branch it is leaning on is nothing. I watched him climb that and was thinking there's no way I would do that! Luckily, it was 'warm' when they got here, almost 30. The temps dropped to below 0 last night. It's only 8 right now. He did say it's very hard to work in this weather with the trees being slippery with the snow and very hard to punch the spikes on his boots into the trees.
Yikers! That's why I feel better with the guy with the cherry picker or bucket truck or whatever it's called :)

Back