Bucket List

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I was not sure what category this falls under...so it is here.
I had a booking come through last night and a nice phone call from a lady who has made out this entire itinerary for her stay. She had multiple questions on each thing she planned on seeing and doing. At first I was of course pleased, that she had planned every detail and was reading the blog and sights of interest page and was excited to do all these things. Then in the back of my mind I wondered if she was a reporter or travel writer....then lastly she made some comments that made me feel as if this was her bucket list.
I hung up the phone with a very unusual feeling from the conversation. Her comments after a few minutes of conversation were more toward doing these things she has put off for too long, doing these things before it's too late, and more along the same lines. She is doing them alone and told me how important it is that she does them.
Have you ever been part of a bucket list at your inn?
We have had guests stay with us who are undergoing treatments and we are a part of a small getaway, but never a planned itinerary such as this. She has never been horseback riding, this is on her list as well. Maybe she is getting old and has a passion to git r done, or just lost a spouse or loved one, I do not know and didn't feel right asking, but my gut instinct said it was a bucket list or sorts. It gave me goose bumps last night.

I guess not really a 'bucket list' in thinking you're gonna die soon, but we definitely have been on the 'I've never been to this state in my life' list. And they ARE doing all the stuff everyone who has been coming here since they were a toddler did already. They want to see it all.
One of the problems with that is that this is not the sort of place where you go, pay your money and get entertained. So if that's your idea of a vacation, you won't like it here. We've had that sort of thing happen. 'Not much to do here is there?'
No, not if your idea of fun is sitting down and having someone else do all the work.

She will remember this for a long time. I'd be happy to help someone live out some long-held dreams!

I think there is a book something like "100 things to do before you die" ??
I am sure this area is not in that book. Will fill in the details later if I get them.

I am sure this area is not in that book. Will fill in the details later if I get them..
Even if the area isn't, she may still have a list of 'exotic' things to do but not want to travel to the exotic locales.

I am sure this area is not in that book. Will fill in the details later if I get them..
Joey Bloggs said:
I am sure this area is not in that book. Will fill in the details later if I get them.
The book.

Yes, at the inn I last managed we had a steady stream of cancer survivors coming to do something they'd never done. Either hike a certain trail or go kayaking or something.
It started with 1 cancer survivor who was part of a group program about 20 miles away. She came at the end of her first series with the group.
When she went back, the rest of her group got the word and started coming. Then the advisors started including it as an idea at the end of the program.
So we started getting folks on a regular basis who were pretty frail physically but just really enthusiastic about life generally.
It was always wonderful to get to know each of them and watch them grow stronger or at least gain some satisfaction that they'd done something new.

Back