Budget Friendly Bedsheets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MillerDunham

Reaction score
Now 4+ years in, we need to begin replacing sets of sheets; primarily king size. Taking over as Innkeepers we inherited several Charisma Microfiber sets that are easy care & have worn well; yet collect every hair and dust particle. Any recommendations for sheets that are budget friendly, easy care and possibly even natural fiber?

Threshold (Target) performance sheets, Better Homes and Gardens (Walmart USA) performance sheets, or Hometrends (Walmart Canada) performance sheets. 400 TC sateen sheets treated for wrinkle-free in 100% cotton. JCP version is called Wrinkle Guard 400TC.

Likely all the same exact manufacturer.

The next step up would be something that is ELS cotton (extra long staple), which would say something like Pima, Supima, Egyptian or Sea Island Cotton.

The elite version of this is Land's End 400 TC No-Iron Supima Sateen Sheets. That's ELS, Sateen, Wrinkle Resistant treated and really LARGE top sheet that will leave plenty of room for the fold over and the tuck-in. No one makes a sheet like Land's End in quality. (Supima is a brand name for ELS/Pima cotton) add a monogram to make them really stand out of top-of-the-line sheets.

Don't buy anything with 600TC or more... it will wear too quickly. Don't buy anything under 160TC as it will feel rough. A sateen weave is better than a percale weave, as it will feel softer. Even Frette sheets, one of the high end brands is just 300TC.

And what you have that has stuff sticking to it... microfiber (or if you prefer the old name, polyester). Bamboo is a Chinese knock-off of rayon, except they don't have trees to make it, so they use bamboo resin, which is a grass but doesn't have the same sheen, so if you are doing Damask stripe, they don't stand out because they just don't have the sheen.

Ditto about threshold from Target. JCPenney had good sheets, too. Southern Tide is a decent brand that I used to get at BB&B. (They fade pretty quickly, but they were delightfully soft and lots of guests asked where to buy them.) I used to buy one set, wash and dry them, then test run them. If they seemed ok after a week of wash and wear, I bought more of them.

When we retired, I took the Ralph Lauren sheets. I love them, but they wrinkle something fierce on the edges so I don’t recommend them for a B&B.

Laura Ashley and Eddie Bauer sheets shrank awfully. Could no longer tuck in the top sheet after one wash. I found a cotton/poly blend to be the best for longevity and softness. I was still using the top sheets and pillowcases from the JCPenney brand 12 years later. (The elastic went on the bottom sheets so I replaced those.)

Threshold (Target) performance sheets, Better Homes and Gardens (Walmart USA) performance sheets, or Hometrends (Walmart Canada) performance sheets. 400 TC sateen sheets treated for wrinkle-free in 100% cotton. JCP version is called Wrinkle Guard 400TC.

Likely all the same exact manufacturer.

The next step up would be something that is ELS cotton (extra long staple), which would say something like Pima, Supima, Egyptian or Sea Island Cotton.

The elite version of this is Land's End 400 TC No-Iron Supima Sateen Sheets. That's ELS, Sateen, Wrinkle Resistant treated and really LARGE top sheet that will leave plenty of room for the fold over and the tuck-in. No one makes a sheet like Land's End in quality. (Supima is a brand name for ELS/Pima cotton) add a monogram to make them really stand out of top-of-the-line sheets.

Don't buy anything with 600TC or more... it will wear too quickly. Don't buy anything under 160TC as it will feel rough. A sateen weave is better than a percale weave, as it will feel softer. Even Frette sheets, one of the high end brands is just 300TC.

And what you have that has stuff sticking to it... microfiber (or if you prefer the old name, polyester). Bamboo is a Chinese knock-off of rayon, except they don't have trees to make it, so they use bamboo resin, which is a grass but doesn't have the same sheen, so if you are doing Damask stripe, they don't stand out because they just don't have the sheen.
Thank you so much for all of this information. Much appreciated.

Costco
Kirkland Signature 680 Thread Count 6-piece Sheet Set
100% Pima Cotton
We have been using them for 16 years. Extra pillowcases included. Their towels are also the best. Far superior to Turkish Towels.

Is Comphy the manufacturer?
Comphy is a hospitality/spa wholesale company. Comphy Sheets - Developed for Spa. Designed for Ahh. | The Comphy Company
You'll get your sheets at wholesale when you sign up through them. Great sheets, they are all we've ever used. They also have more than sheets. (comforters, duvets, throws, etc...)
Just be aware that in the last year they have had some significant delays because they ship them in from overseas...which can be a dilemma when you need a replacement set right away. Always good to know of a back-up supplier (those mentioned above) so if you need it same day you can just go to the store.

Comphy is a hospitality/spa wholesale company. Comphy Sheets - Developed for Spa. Designed for Ahh. | The Comphy Company
You'll get your sheets at wholesale when you sign up through them. Great sheets, they are all we've ever used. They also have more than sheets. (comforters, duvets, throws, etc...)
Just be aware that in the last year they have had some significant delays because they ship them in from overseas...which can be a dilemma when you need a replacement set right away. Always good to know of a back-up supplier (those mentioned above) so if you need it same day you can just go to the store.
Thank you...some very helpufl info

they caught up on shipping issues, we got some blankets fast this week. Thats a good add on - we buy pillows and blankets also...

Costco
100% Pima Cotton
We have been using them for 16 years. Extra pillowcases included. Their towels are also the best. Far superior to Turkish Towels.
I love the towels! We still had several sets in boxes so I took them with us. No idea what the new owners did with the 3 dozen I left behind.

Costco
100% Pima Cotton. Extra pillowcases included. Their towels are also the best.

I use Costco Kirkland brand too. Reliably available in my area. Wears well and stain removal fairly easy. Sheets and towels.
I do use cheaper Fred Meyer or Ross bulk pack facecloths and don’t worry if I have to kick to the rag bag.

We use Comphy as well. Very high quality, very durable, and guests love them. We sell about 15 sets a year.

I also like Malouf Linens as a supplier. We use their Convolution gel pillows and sell those to guests too.

Back