Busy and not busy

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Something I wanted to share this morning, it is the oxymoron of innkeeping. When people say "Have a nice day off!" when you have no guests and we always want to combat that comment...
With a full house, everything is done (other than the obv making breakfast etc). But it is when they all check out that the work begins and continues until check in time again... Yesterday afternoon we ordered pizza and had a grand time, watched part of a race on tv, went out ot our land, and it was really nice. Today early breakfast and two seatings and freshening, but then everyone is gone and we can again relax and do chores, or whatever we want. It is strange. I think too we don't get into any heavy tasks knowing guests are checked in and so can't get too grimy and out of reach...
So in other words, the days off are the hardest. That is when we hit it hard and try to get so much accomplished.

I agree, Joey. I was just thinking about that today when I was working this morning for 3 hours weeding one of our gardens and came back in all sweaty and grimey. How did I get it done when I was running full tilt with the business? You hit the nail on the head....hit it super hard on that day off! I would not have come in after half a day...I would have kept going until I was exhausted. At least now, I can pace myself out over a couple of days in between my work from home on the computer.
It's only April and we are hitting mid 80s weather every day. Can't work here in that heat & humidity all day though. Don't know what I'd be doing now with these yards because you can find people to mow here, but no one wants to do this work at any price.
Hang in there and seize those precious moments when y'all can!!

I agree, Joey. I was just thinking about that today when I was working this morning for 3 hours weeding one of our gardens and came back in all sweaty and grimey. How did I get it done when I was running full tilt with the business? You hit the nail on the head....hit it super hard on that day off! I would not have come in after half a day...I would have kept going until I was exhausted. At least now, I can pace myself out over a couple of days in between my work from home on the computer.
It's only April and we are hitting mid 80s weather every day. Can't work here in that heat & humidity all day though. Don't know what I'd be doing now with these yards because you can find people to mow here, but no one wants to do this work at any price.
Hang in there and seize those precious moments when y'all can!!

im lucky my mother who is stark raving mad and her lodger see previous description both love gardening and come and do mine sometimes thank goodness! I hate gardening as have really bad hay fever (pollon allergy) which doesn't incline me to do it! plus you can guarantee you have your scruffs on and covered in mud and someone wants to enquire about a group booking for when you are dead or whatever typical!

Back