Busy Day Today

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
It was busy today. A couple came in last night and the Elopement Package was today - BUT - we also had an anniversary couple arriving today.

Baked the wedding cake and the anniversary cake yesterday and iced them last night. Breakfast was at 9 and the wedding was supposed to be at noon. Had to go get the preacher (she has no car) and got delayed so it was closer to 1 when the wedding took place. All done by 3 and she arranged a ride home because I did not know the arival time of the anniversary. As I was getting ready to do the DVDs the Vice-Mayor called to come down and shop for a basket the Woman's Club was giving away at their Conference - ka-ching! Had the DVDs burned and was working on the labels when the anniversary arrived. Got the photos on a CD and all have been fiven to the bride & groom.

Dishes done, top tier of cake wrapped for the freezer, remaining bottom tier wrapped to take home, and the ham for breakfast is in the crock pot. I think I just might go to bed. Breakfast at 8 for one couple and at 9 for the other. Buried in laundry tomorrow after everyone leaves. Good night.DD2D9725-9D18-4B99-BBBA-29B32025A87D.JPGDSC00087.JPG

Took each couple out to feed Punjab & Kofi and Eeyore a bag of carrots. Put the extra zing into the special occasion. It is fun to hear the happiness in their voices as they feed them the carrots. Then I send them the photos I took of them doing the feeding. Boxed up all the extra cake for them to take home. Now the clean-up remains.

I fell asleep in my chair. A notification went off on my phone waking me up. I jumped up thinking, OMG, breakfast! then realized all had gone, food put away, just need to go upstairs and turn off the heat & strip beds. Resume nap.

Last edited:
Whew! You earned your nap!
I ended up going up to check for lights and turn off the heat. Both beds had been stripped (I think by the bride) all lights off, and the heat all but turned off (I did the click off). I even took the A/c out of one window - it goes on the lowest shelf, the others can wait for help lifting. the laundry & dishes are still there waiting.

Lovely! There is something to be said for running a three bedroom b&b on your own! Lots of work for one person yet you do more. The service you provide is amazing, over the top, and I’m sure well appreciated. If I ever elope, I’m coming there! 💕

Lovely! There is something to be said for running a three bedroom b&b on your own! Lots of work for one person yet you do more. The service you provide is amazing, over the top, and I’m sure well appreciated. If I ever elope, I’m coming there! 💕

YOURS is on the house!

Back