Buttermilk Syrup

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently fried dough....
Uh yeah :) Doesn't look like any scone I know..ha ha....Fried dough is a good thing...we grew up with this with my Italian Grandmother. Only she just sprinkled it with sugar. Kind of like zepole...which is just rounded and dropped into the hot oil and then it is dusted in powdered sugar. Italian Street Festival food!!!!

The author described her mother's creation as "scones". Sorry folks, this ain't a scone.
Fried Dough + Hole = Doughnut
Fried Dough w/o Hole = Cafe Du Monde Beignet (New Orleans)
You can actually used canned or frozen biscuit dough for this. We used to make them up for the kids and sprinkle them with powdered sugar. We usually cut the biscuits in thirds to make them bite-sized. They also seem to fry up better doing this. Obviously, you would want to use a very light oil for this.
I'm wondering now how croissant dough would fry up.
This would probably be good with the buttermilk syrup, but serving and presentation might be a small challenge if you're wanting to avoid a mess.

The author described her mother's creation as "scones". Sorry folks, this ain't a scone.
Fried Dough + Hole = Doughnut
Fried Dough w/o Hole = Cafe Du Monde Beignet (New Orleans)
You can actually used canned or frozen biscuit dough for this. We used to make them up for the kids and sprinkle them with powdered sugar. We usually cut the biscuits in thirds to make them bite-sized. They also seem to fry up better doing this. Obviously, you would want to use a very light oil for this.
I'm wondering now how croissant dough would fry up.
This would probably be good with the buttermilk syrup, but serving and presentation might be a small challenge if you're wanting to avoid a mess..
We make rigotta balls and then powdered sugar all over them.....tasty.

Apparently fried dough....
Yes, but I was looking for something more aspirational than simply fried dough. Frankly, fried dough has enough calories without having to add a syrup. I'm wondering what the flavour of buttermilk would go well with. Like maybe a malted waffle? Wholewheat pancakes? Buckwheat? Blueberries?

Back